To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicopee, MA 01020
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Freight Operations Manager
XPO Logistics, Inc. • Chicopee, MA
Posted 1 month ago
Logistics done differently.
Strong leadership and outstanding customer service are at the heart of our operations at XPO Logistics. As a Freight Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the direction and management of the day-to-day operations of a Service Center, including supporting customer relationships, overseeing revenue, profit and cost controls, and ensuring safety, service and quality measures. On our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work, and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
• Manage the efficiency and effectiveness of the delivery service provided to our customers
• Guide the complete daily operations of the Service Center
• Oversee revenue, profit and cost controls
• Ensure proper staffing, utilization and management of personnel
• Mentor and manage all personnel working at the facility
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent military or work experience
• 5 years of Less-than-Truckload (LTL) freight management and/or service center/sales management experience
• Ability to stand and walk on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled for several hours at a time
• Knowledge of the LTL industry, hazardous materials regulations, OSHA and Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
It’d be great if you also have:
• Strong interpersonal and management skills; ability to effectively lead, coach and influence employees
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to present clean, organized and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.