Want to become part of a winning team with opportunities for growth, career advancement, and development? WFF Facility Services is proud to provide an environment where we support you and your drive for success. We have a passionate commitment to learning and investing in our associates looking to accelerate their careers. We offer a wide range of employment opportunities for professionals and entry-level candidates who share our core values.
Job Skills / Requirements
- Receives electronic, verbal, or written instructions to complete work order (WO) assignments on a routine or emergency basis.
- Records start and finish time, provides comments in cell phone specific to actions at the job site and in keeping with department policy.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and overhauls equipment such as compressors, pumps, air handlers, air dryers, heat exchangers, and other environmental changing devices, other mechanical equipment, and electrical, pneumatic, or electronic components.
- Will install, maintain, and repairs pneumatic valves, electric valves, heat transfer equipment, ventilation, and air distribution systems.
- Read gauges and instruments and adjust mechanisms such as valves, controls, and pumps to control level of fluid pressure and air distribution in systems.
- Tests malfunctioning systems and components using electrical, mechanical, digital, and pneumatic devices.
- Maintains cooling towers and tower water distribution systems.
- Performs preventive maintenance procedures on all HVAC systems, ventilation systems, high and low-pressure chillers, low-pressure steam boilers, hot water boilers, pool heaters, domestic hot water boilers, and other related equipment.
- May be required to change ballasts, lamps and perform other minor electrical work in order to properly maintain buildings and lighted areas.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- May be required to prepare estimates for repairs and installation of equipment.
- Will be required to attend asbestos abatement classes.
- Repair or replace electrical outlets. Change/replace lighting fixtures or tubes/bulbs.
- Repair/replace broken electrical switches when necessary.
- Perform minor drywall repairs, adjust door hardware and latches to perform properly.
- Perform all general duties to maintain buildings in good operating condition.
- Replace stained ceiling tiles upon repair of any leaks.
- Oversee outside vendors when necessary.
- Obtain any necessary materials as needed to complete tasks.
- Secure needed supplies or equipment and notify the proper person of any additional supplies or equipment needs.
- Observe and report any unusual or emergency situations to the Manager or Director of Facilities Operations
- Make recommendations to an immediate supervisor about how methods and procedures may be improved.
- Work with other trades within the Facilities Maintenance Department as needed to complete repairs or projects.
- Rotate as necessary to cover various shifts as schedule requires by the Facilities Maintenance Department.
- Other assigned duties as directed by the supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of HVAC and refrigeration tools, materials, and test equipment.
- Knowledge of repair, maintenance, and installation techniques.
- Skill in reading and understanding schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Skill in analyzing HVAC or refrigeration malfunctions from performance and test-equipment readings and determining appropriate repairs that are needed.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate.
- Must be able to braze and solder copper piping systems.
- Must have the ability to work without direct supervision.
- Must be able to plan and organize work schedule to complete tasks in a timely manner.
Certification Requirements (Any) HVAC Additional Information / Benefits
Department Specific Competencies:
- Familiarize yourself with Department policies and procedures.
- Become familiar with the property, buildings, and systems.
- Work safely, be knowledgeable with all Department Safety Policies, and attentive to all safety talks, special instructions, and posted safety signs throughout the work area.
- Valid Indiana driver’s license.
- EPA universal certification to handle refrigerant.
- Must meet University lifestyle expectations.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check