Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Provide technical support in day-to-day operations of computers, workstations, laptops, printers and other related computing resources. Provide software application support to end users via telephone or on-site, including pre-scheduled on call support.
Perform routine technical support tasks such as installing new hardware, re-imaging systems, replicating software images and installing software. Travel to local remote offices for maintenance and installation of networking computer systems. Provide technical training to remote users.
- Monitors telephone calls from users having problems using computer software and hardware or inquiring how to use specific software or hardware
- Maintain Incident\Request logs and records
- Make preliminary identification of problems encountered by network users to determine if they are due to equipment, network or application errors. Escalate to appropriate personnel as needed to achieve resolution
- Maintain and install printers and scanners
- Setup new computers including connecting keyboard, mouse and monitor to PC, checking for proper operation and installation of software
- Investigate and resolve computer software and hardware problems
- Test and document software and hardware to evaluate ease of use
- Provide software application support to end users via telephone or on-site
- Identify and inventory supplies needed to support daily activities and report to the Infrastructure Manager
- Document and maintain network diagrams of remote sites
- Write and/or revise user training manuals and procedures
- Train users on software and hardware on-site or at remote locations
- Provide good written and oral communication skills
- Perform related duties as may be required
- ServiceNow ticketing/tracking system.
- Mac IOS
- PC Imaging Technology
- Microsoft System Center
- Windows 2012/2016 Server
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Office 2016
- Citrix XenApp
- Dell Desktop/Laptops
- HP Desktop/Laptops
- HP and Savin Printers
Certifications: CompTIA A+ or CompTIA Network+
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of experience in a technical support role
- Experience supporting Microsoft applications such as Office 365, Windows, etc.
- Experience supporting any of the following: Anti-Virus/End Point Security, Basic Networking Principles (Wireless & Wired)
- Understanding of Active Directory
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated patience and overall courteous behavior when working with internal and external customers, including vendors. Service with a smile attitude. Excellent customer service
- Demonstrated ability to work independently; must be self-motivated and goal oriented and able to work with little to no direction
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Ability to lift, bend and move various computer equipment up to 50 pounds
- Excellent time management, issue management, and project management skills
- Ability to travel locally
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Bachelor’s Degree
- CompTIA A+ or CompTIA Network+
- Experience with end user provisioning
- Experience with desktop provisioning
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drugfree workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Help Desk Tech, Helpdesk, Active Directory, Windows 10, Office 365, Farmington, Hartford, West Hartford, Bristol, CT, Connecticut, ProHealth Physicians