Contribute. Grow. Lead…with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety-driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda – key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. OxyChem's market position is among the top three producers in the United States for the principal products it manufactures and markets. Based in Dallas, Texas, the company has manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Canada and Latin America.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Operations Analyst/Accountant with our corporate office located in Dallas, TX
Essential Job Duties:
- Support other manufacturing locations as needed for monthly close adn other reporting.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and participate in quarterly account analysis of balance sheet activities.
- Ensure the financial reporting and accounting process is timely, accurate, and meets management’s needs.
- Directs, interprets, and maintains the consistent and proper application of sound and generally accepted accounting principles, cost accounting standards, internal controls, and financial policies, procedures and systems.
- Evaluate the accuracy and reliability of accounting data, effectiveness of existing accounting procedures and controls, and makes recommendations for improvement. Develops, recommends and implements accounting practices to promote consistency, application of best practices, task automation and efficiencies.
- Take on a variety of monthly reporting duties and assist supervisor in ad-hoc reports and analysis.
- Support plant controllers and perform multiple functions of cost accounting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance (with a minimum of 18 hours of Accounting)
- 1-5 years of accounting experience
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Prioritization, organization, and timely decision-making skills.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Masters in Accounting / Finance, CPA or CMA
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Open to future relocation
- Experience with integrated ERP accounting systems (SAP, PAx, BW)
- Hybrid Work Schedule
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Accounting Systems
- Balance Sheet
- Decision Making