To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Coralville, IA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
General Dynamics Information Technology • Coralville, IA
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Web Developer Opportunity
IMPACTFUL WORK. SMART SOLUTIONS. MEANINGFUL CAREERS. Come join a fortune 500 company that touches the lives of millions in the Education Community. If you are interested in Big Data and Education, we can provide the perfect combination for you! Our office has a comfortable dress code and our team spirit is evident in our everyday work environment. We seek a candidate to perform the following tasks:
- Participates in the design and coding of software products. Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
- Performs systems modeling, simulation, analysis and prepares comprehensive test plans and conducts tests.
- Analyzes test results and recommends moderately complex corrections to more experienced software engineers.
- Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
- Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating system and application issues.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Support development schedule creation, maintenance and monitoring for assigned product(s) as necessary.
- Support the technical innovation process.
- Support the initiation, evaluation and testing process improvement and technology changes for assigned product(s).
- Review requirements documents from a development perspective and provide input/comments on defined requirements as necessary.
- Provide estimates for Change Requests and Proposals for development tasks as assigned.
- Participate in the requirements definition process for assigned product(s) to establish an understanding of system changes and their effect on current functionality.
- Document design of the system based on the approved changes for a given release in the Detail Design documents for the assigned Product(s).
- Update/Create code for the approved changes for a given release for the assigned Product(s).
- Create/document development tests to ensure the changes are completed as requested, per the approved changes for a given release.
- Execute development tests (interface and unit) for the assigned changes per the approved requirements for given release.
- Document results of executed development tests and provide support to the testing team on development related questions/issues.
- Provide timely status updates in JIRA logs that are being worked on throughout the testing phases.
- Implement/move code changes into the production environment if applicable.
- Provide operational support (i.e. identifying/resolving issues found in production) for assigned product(s) as appropriate.
- Serve as product(s) SME for assigned product(s) as appropriate and review user documentation for assigned product(s) as appropriate.
- Enter time into PWA against schedule related tasks in a timely manner.
- Support the creation/documentation of RCAs as appropriate.
- Required Languages and Frameworks: Java, J2EE, Angular.
- Required Software and IDEs: Eclipse, MyEclipse.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Personal accountability.
- Organized and self-motivated.
2-5 years of related experience in web software development.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.