To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cortland, NY 13045
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Environmental, Health and Safety Manager (EHS)
KIK Custom Products • Cortland, NY
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are one of North America’s largest independent manufacturers of consumer packaged goods (“CPG”), KIK helps a large portfolio of brands and retailers bring their products to life. With leading positions in the multi-billion dollar household and personal care (“HPC”), over-the-counter (“OTC”), pool additives and automotive aftermarket categories, we serve over 100 CPG companies and several major North American HPC and automotive aftermarket retailers, including many of the leading players in their respective categories.
KIK Custom Manufacturing (“KCM”), a segment of KIK, is a leading contract manufacturer of HPC products in North America, serving over 100 CPG companies, including many of the leading players. Our multi-product manufacturing and packaging capabilities include an extensive portfolio of aerosol, liquid, gel and cream products, among others. We also offer OTC product manufacturing capabilities from our FDA-approved sites. Our record of product safety, focus on customer service and speed-to-market capabilities makes us a valuable supply chain partner for some of the world’s leading brands.
The KIK Cortland location is a large campus and houses 2 manufacturing facilities. KIK's two manufacturing facilities in Cortland, New York are FDA registered and specialize in producing personal care liquids for the consumer products industry. Cortland is located approximately 45 minutes outside of Syracuse, NY.
We are looking for a hands-on EHS leader with strengths in collaborating and gaining buy-in with multiple levels of management and employees in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. As KIK Cortland's Environmental, Health & Safety Manager, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of environmental, health, safety, security and sustainability of a large consumer products manufacturing facility.
Ideal candidate will have demonstrated success driving EHS improvements, tackling and implementing EHS projects and initiatives; and a progressive leadership style to manage, coach and mentor a small EHS staff. This position reports to the Regional EHS Manager.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide technical guidance concerning EHS issues.
- Establishment and attainment of site EHS objectives and targets.
- Management of EHS employees
- Development and execution of tactical and strategic plans to improve site EHS performance, including the allocation and management of EHS resources.
- Ensure the following site programs are implemented and maintained:
- EHS communications.
- Incident and injury reporting, investigation and recordkeeping.
- Worker’s compensation claims management and the site KIK Return to Work programs
- EHS corrective and preventive actions to ensure timely follow-up and implementation.
- Timely completion of all required safety, environmental and sustainability reporting to internal and external interested parties.
- Process safety and risk management programs, where applicable.
- Environmental & safety management programs.
- Site and chemical security programs, including CFATS where applicable.
- Emergency preparedness and response programs.
- Support hazardous materials transportation compliance and other regulatory affairs related programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline (e.g. Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering)
- Certified Safety Professional and/or Certified Hazardous Materials Manager a plus
- 8+ years of environmental, health and safety compliance experience in a manufacturing environment with evidence of continual improvement success.
- 5+ years experience managing multiple technical level employees.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of federal, state/provincial and local HESS regulations is required.
- Experience with hazardous chemicals is desired.
- Experience with Process Safety Management (PSM), Risk Management Plans (RMP) or E2 is desired.
- Experience in the consumer products industry is a plus.
- While local candidates are preferred, relocation assistance will be considered for ideally qualified candidates outside of the Cortland / Syracuse area
Competitive salary, bonus and comprehensive benefits are offered with this position.
KIK is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer