Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
Oversee all areas of the manufacturing processes. Leading and giving basic instructions to individuals and groups and facilitating production to meet goals of the plant including safety, quality and productivity.
- Coaches, counsels and reviews performance of direct reports
- Keen understanding of scheduling requirements in a continuous flow operation
- Responsible for line and equipment set-up for current and next run products
- Conducts process quality audits and develops a sustainment plan when audits reveal points outside of specification
- Reviews samples and product steps continually for approval and product/process improvement
- Coordinates operator based maintenance needs for area, as well as initiating work orders for PM and project needs
- Resolves technical problems with regards to shade variations, glaze defects, application problems and other problems as needed
- Understands and maintains standards and assists operations with process improvements with success measured by process reliability
- Responsible for driving world class levels in product recovery, waste and efficiency
- Establishes and maintains controls to keep costs at a minimum consistent with efficient operations
- Able to work well with all departments in the value stream, as you will have daily interaction with all ‘suppliers and customers’ within the facility
- Ensures safe and healthy working conditions and an organized work environment
- Coordinates and oversees necessary training of operators as well as signing off on level advancement
- Ensures employees complete required training, including safety, ergonomic and all other required training.
- Ensure ergonomic risk factors are reduced to an acceptable level when feasible
- Lead injury/illness investigations, and ensure accurate root cause is identified and addressed
- Promotes and adheres to all safety and health policies and procedures of plant
- Other duties as required by Manager
EDUCATION AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, ceramic engineering, material science or equivalent experience in the ceramic industry, preferred
- Two (2) or more years’ experience in a production manufacturing environment
- Minimum 5-10 years working in a ceramic tile plant with strong technical background in the ceramic tile industry experience, preferred
- Lab, mechanical and/or previous quality control experience is preferred
- Strong communication skills with all levels, organization, data analysis and interpretation, and ability to prioritize
- Ability to train, coach and problem solve
- Good computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets and databases
**Work Schedule: W(12AM-6AM), T/F/S(6PM-6AM)
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Examples include: Company Match on 401k, Employee Purchase Discount, and Tuition Reimbursement.
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
Process Improvements (Business)
Human Factors And Ergonomics