Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a comprehensive global research university and a major engine for economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Coordinator will provide administrative support for the Office of Global Engagement (OGE), with duties including, but not limited to facilitating administrative work relating to international partnerships and international health and safety. This may involve data collection and management, reports on health and safety metrics for international travel, delegation visits abroad and on-campus, and coordination with other key offices on campus. The Coordinator will also facilitate, plan and evaluate OGE communication strategy and events (website, newsletter); and coordinate programming logistics (including food orders and space), purchasing office supplies, and carrying out other office tasks. The Coordinator will help hire and supervise work study positions.
- Supporting the maintenance of international partnerships, including, but not limited to maintaining electronic records, routing agreements, and preparing reports for current and perspective partners.
- Preparing health and safety risk reviews for international travel;
- Maintaining OGE communications (in person, phone, written, social media, web, and marketing strategies of OGE activities) and preparing our Annual Report;
- Planning and executing events, including the Annual Student Conference on Global Challenges and others;
- Planning and coordinating international travel, including travel reservations for large delegations as well as receiving international visitors and organizing delegation itineraries;
- Assisting in the implementation of program evaluation and assessment as needed;
- Supporting the development of granted-supported or revenue-generating on-campus global engagement programs;
- Liaising with other campus offices and stakeholders to support the mission of the Office of Global Engagement;
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings for OGE staff;
- Performing office management duties such as front desk responsibilities (shared with others), ordering supplies, maintaining systems for office organization and functions, and managing equipment contracts and maintenance needs;
- Assisting with hiring, training and managing part-time office assistants (work study students);
- A Bachelor's Degree is Required.
- 1-2 years of professional experience (administrative/office experience required).
- Solid computing, design-software (Photoshop and the like), and social media management skills are required.
• Demonstrated interest and enthusiasm for the work of the Office of Global Engagement;
• International knowledge and experience, including participation in study abroad program and/or experience working abroad. Proficiency in languages other than English are a plus;
• Sound judgment, initiative, professionalism, flexibility, and aptitude for administrative detail;
• Excellent communication and customer service skills;
• Great time management and prioritization skills with ability to thrive in fast-paced environment;
• Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
Special Instructions to the Applicant
- Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
- Time Management
- Customer Service
- Data Collection