To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hershey, PA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
FRONT DESK MANAGER
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company • Hershey, PA
Posted 27 days ago
Welcome to the Hershey Lodge!
The Front Desk Manager at the Hershey Lodge is directly responsible for Front Desk and PBX Switchboard operations, and its full compliance with all Hershey Entertainment & Resort standard operating procedures, policies and duties. The Front Desk Manager is responsible for establishing and delivering an environment of excellence for employees and guests. This position is actively engaged in guest recovery and feedback. This position will provide support to the Guest Services department at the Hershey Lodge.
About the Hershey Lodge:
The Hershey Lodge located in "The Sweetest Place on Earth", Hershey, PA has been building a tradition of fine service and excellence accommodations for over 45 years. With 665 rooms and over 100,000 square feet of meeting room space, the Hershey Lodge is one of the largest convention facilities in Pennsylvania.
- Supervise the day to day service operations of Front Desk and PBX Switchboard.
- Participate in the hiring, onboarding, training, scheduling, coaching, and evaluating of front desk agents, coordinators and PBX agents.
- Seek every opportunity to create memorable guest experiences by addressing and resolving guest concerns quickly, efficiently and courteously through guest facing and/or correspondence.
- Support Guest Services in the managing of: Concierge, Bell and Transportation.
- Identify the strengths of the team and foster continued growth through ongoing training, coaching and succession development.
- Focus on creating a working environment that reflects the company's core values and delivers on service excellence.
- Effectively use/manage property management system and work with the Room Control Coordinator to manage room inventory. Maximize room revenue and occupancy by working with Front of House Manager and Rooms Division Director reviewing status daily.
- Work collaboratively with Night Audit to ensure compliance with Hershey Entertainment & Resorts standard operating procedures, policies and controls: Cash, Check, Credit, Bank and Vending handling policies. Addressing discrepancies/ variances in a timely manner with follow up to the appropriate managers/ departments.
- Assist in overseeing and monitoring the ticketing process including inventory, audit and financial controls.
- Understand and manage labor and other expenses within Budget/ Forecast.
- Assist in the purchasing, receiving and maintaining of required department par levels of all front office supplies, tools and equipment.
- Work with Convention Services to facilitate group requests including, but not limited to transportation, room deliveries, special service, tours, valet events, and dinner reservations.
- Assist Guest Services Manager with ensuring the integrity and service excellence relative to the VIP and guest loyalty program.
- Attend and actively participate in all meetings assigned. Participate in the Manager on Duty (MOD) program.
- Minimum of four (4) years of related experience in the Hotel, Travel & Tourism industry.
- Minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience.
- Associate's degree - Two (2) additional years of relevant work experience can be substituted for education.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines through effective time management and organization skills.
- Strong knowledge of computer software including Property Management Software, Microsoft Office applications, and experience using a payroll system.
- Must embody Hershey Entertainment & Resorts core value (Devoted to the Legacy, Selfless Spirit of Service, Team Focused, and Respectful of Others.)
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Reaching Forward Frequent (34-66%)
- Climbing Stairs Frequent (34-66%)
- Lifting Frequent (34-66%)
- Reaching Overhead Frequent (34-66%)
- Finger Dexterity Frequent (34-66%)
- Stooping Frequent (34-66%)
- Bending Frequent (34-66%)
- Sitting Frequent (34-66%)
- Standing Frequent (34-66%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
- Schedule will vary according to operating needs and will include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer