In 2015, Companion Protect (CP) set our sights on extending and enhancing the lives of cats and dogs by offering the highest quality pet insurance programs featuring comprehensive coverage, innovative technologies, and inclusive plans for all ages and breeds. And we haven't looked back since!
Our vision today? Keeping pets healthy …. because pets make us happy!
Achieving that vision wouldn't be possible without our greatest asset: our associates. At CP, you will join an enthusiastic team that values collaboration and innovation and has a strong belief in harnessing a variety of experiences, ideas, and technology to maximize the impact we make. Are you ready to make your impact to help pets?
About our opportunity:
As a Salesforce Developer, you will be a key contributor to our agile team working on our core insurance platform. You will work closely with technical staff and internal business stakeholders to design, code, and test software solutions that deliver on business initiatives that will make a significant impact on the organization. You will also analyze project objectives, create customer workflows, and troubleshoot errors.
What you'll do here:
* Conduct hands-on development, configuration, and system setup.
* Develop solutions using Salesforce Industries (formerly Vlocity), LWC, Apex, and Visualforce.
* Be available to assist the development team with solutions to overcome technical and design issues.
* Demonstrate technical lead capability such as advanced Apex programming concepts including core design patterns; limits and bulk patterns; efficient and reliable trigger handling; asynchronous operations and effective unit testing.
* Communicate effectively with vendors, business stakeholders, and IT stakeholders.
* Support data migrations of Salesforce data models and ETL from internal and external clients.
What you'll bring to the team:
* 2+ years of experience in a Salesforce development role
* 4+ years of experience in the Salesforce platform
* Strong understanding of Salesforce platform, best practices, and functionality
* Critical thinking skills with the ability to relay potential issues or concerns
* Commitment: Dedication to the work we do and the customers we serve
* Teamwork: Strong desire for team success
* Resourcefulness: Creative, innovative, and effective problem-solver
* Bonus points…
* Salesforce Certification(s)
* Experience with Vlocity, Copado, Jira
* Familiarity with Salesforce clouds such as Marketing, Community, Service, Sales, etc.
* Experience with Sales force integration systems, tools, and APIs
Where you'll work: This is a fully remote position.
Why you might love working here:
Whether you work at CP HQ or join our team remotely, get ready to be greeted by our furry associates as pets are at the center of everything we do! In addition, to our Pets at Work perk, we offer employee perks that go beyond your standard benefits and compensation packages - see below!
Our leadership team is dedicated to transparency, growth, and our purpose. We hire associates whose personal core values align with ours: Commitment, Teamwork, and Resourcefulness. You'll find limitless growth and opportunities as we grow together. We invest in our associates because they invest their careers with us. If you're ready to utilize your skills and passion to make a significant impact in the reimagining of pet healthcare, Companion Protect might be the place for you.
Our perks and benefits:
* Generously subsidized company-sponsored medical, dental, and vision insurance
* 401K with company match and immediate vesting
* All Associate Equity Program
* Subsidized pet insurance
* Casual Office Attire
* Flexible working environment
* Responsible Paid Time Off (AKA: Take the time you need!)
* Paid Maternity, Paternity and Pawternity leave
* 9 paid company holidays per year
* Community giveback opportunities, including paid time off for philanthropic endeavors
* Year-round Flexible-half-day-Fridays
At Companion Protect, we celebrate, support, and thrive on inclusion, for the benefit of our associates, our partners, and our products. CP is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all associates and to providing associates with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Companion Protect are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
- Agile Methodology
- Apex Programming
- Critical Thinking