• Always provide SMART customer service through the daily execution of Lowe's customerservice policies, procedures, and programs.
• Build relationships with vendors by providing direction and checking to ensure merchandise resets are completed according to Lowe's specifications.
• Collaborate with the Merchandising Service team and Manager by communicating project priorities, schedule, and project needs (e.g., materials, supplies, time)
• Although most of the time will be spent in activities that do not involve the direct interaction with customers, the individual in this role is expected to engage with customers when the opportunity arises. This includes:
• Understand customers' needs and assists in locating, demonstrating, selecting, carrying, and/or loading merchandise.
• Engage with customers to understand his/her needs and assists in locating, demonstrating, selecting, carrying, and/or loading merchandise.
• Listen to and responds knowledgeably and promptly to customer questions, taking them to areas of the store when necessary.
• Demonstrate sincere appreciation to customers.
• Communicate information to customers regarding all stock, special order merchandise, feature benefits, application, and warranty information related to Lowe's programs.
• Empty plant racks onto plant tables merchandising by planogram, price, and color block as they arrive.
• Identify damaged or missing signage, displays, collateral and orders replacements in accordance with merchandising standards and planogram details.
• Update/validate wayfinding and product location signage as well as digital maintenance of this information throughout the store.
• Ensure cross merchandise, side stack products, j-hooks and gravity feed bins are placed appropriately, helping to drive add-on sales.
• Assist with culling and pricing dead and distressed plants.
• Maintain a high level of communication and partnership with MSM and red vest associates.
• Identify and communicate issues with quality, quantity, and additional needs to Outside
Garden Supervisor and MSM.
• Adjust fixtures, rotates stock, displays products and support materials using power equipment (e.g., lifts, order pickers) per service expectations and processes.
• Review, complete, and enter completion details (when, what, amount of time spent, taking and uploading photographs to confirm servicing completion, etc.) for all assigned service and maintenance tasks.
• Ensure all displays are safe and in working order and repaired/replaced as needed.
• Repair/seal damaged packaging and boxes including peg-hook items.
• Remove all trash, moves cardboard boxes to the bailer and moves plastic wrap and other debris to the compactor.
• Replace light bulbs and alerts the appropriate contact when additional maintenance issues are noted (lights out, painting, etc.).
• Detect common signs of shoplifting, theft, and other security risks, and promptly communicates them to management and/or Asset Protection.
• Ensure compliance with housekeeping standards and programs (e.g., Zone Recovery) to maintain cleanliness and organization of Outside Garden and working areas.
• Maintain a safe and secure work environment, which may include conducting daily safety reviews, noting hazards, keeping aisles clear, and securing doors and gates.
• Adhere to all safety requirements relevant to one's regular job duties: top stock safety, reinstalling safety cables, use of aisle blockers, a tether line on power equipment, spotters,and safety devices.
• Operate store equipment as needed depending on one specific role and department (e.g., Zebra phone, telephone, paging system, copiers, fax machines, computers, CCTV surveillance system, key cutter, panel saw, paint mixer, flooring cutters, compacter baler).
• In addition to the above responsibilities, this individual is held accountable for other duties as assigned.
+ Ability to read, write, and perform basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction)
+ Ability to work overnight and weekends
+ Ability to utilize web-based computer programs to accomplish assigned tasks
+ 6 Months Live nursery experience or General Merchandising experience
+ 6 Months Lowe's sales floor experience
+ 6 Months Experience performing product merchandising tasks including reading planograms, setting up and tearing down displays
+ 3 Months Experience operating power equipment such as lifts, order pickers, and similar equipment
+ Working knowledge of basic tools needed for the job (e.g., hand tools, drills, saws)
Lowe's is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
- Construction Toolkits
- Drilling Operations
- Keying (Lock)