Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
We are seeking a self-motivated candidate to provide controls support to a highly automated and fast paced baking facility. The qualified candidate should have strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills with a strong background in industrial controls. The position will require experience with the latest versions of the Allen Bradley family of PLC’s, VFD’s and HMI’s/OIT’s to be used in conjunction with a strong understanding of electrical controls systems, mechanical drives, pneumatics, hydraulics, PC’s, robotics Fanuc/ABB, and Controls networks.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Provide expertise using all Rockwell Automation software packages and others as needed
- Review key plant metrics/KPIs and equipment data to identify potential areas for continuous improvement then lead a team to develop an engineered solution
- Provide second level support to the maintenance department.
- Provide support for the manufacturing Controls networks and act as a liaison between plant personnel, corporate engineering and IT when needed (Knowledge of server systems is a plus)
- Manage Rockwell Automation software on department PC’s as well as ensuring all control devices are up to date with firmware and software revisions
- Maintain a library for all device back-ups and updates
- Work closely with production supervisors to provide effective controls support
- Ensure equipment in area is maintained, guarded and operated in accordance with defined safety regulations and procedures
- Identify potential cost savings and cost avoidance; implement continuous improvement projects to achieve results
- Participate in budget planning for area and department
- Visit equipment suppliers as needed to inspect new equipment ensuring compliance with BBU corporate electrical specifications.
- Support other BBU facilities if required (may require some minor travel) infrequent but possible
- Assures that General Safety and Food Safety is an absolute priority by setting the example as a member of senior management.
- Will be responsible for Mentoring, Developing, Training and Validating knowledge of Controls systems with all Mechanics
- Strong working knowledge of robotic systems Fanuc/ABB and their applications related robot programming experience or training. Prior experience with PLC & HMI programming, creating schematics using Autocad Electrical, safety circuits, vision systems, conveyor systems, assembly systems.
- Development of PM procedures /scheduling and execution of robotics system and electrical systems plant wide with hands on expertise.
- On-Call during critical areas of need and or failures.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Promote a strong teamwork environment
- Supports without hesitation General Plant Safety, Food Safety, Food Defense Initiatives and Good Manufacturing
- Practices with an understanding that these are absolutes & are Priority #1.
- Work requires the ability to read, write and communicate in English in order to understand and follow work and safety instructions. Must be able to perform basic arithmetic to include adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing
- Capable of moving up and down building stairways in a multi-level plant to reach job assignments and perform the tasks required. Physical activities required are climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, twisting, bending, talking and hearing.
- Worker will be exposed to all hazards of machinery and equipment in an operational baking environment
Education and Work History:
- Technical degree in a related field, AAM graduation, or equivalent experience
- Strong experience with the following software packages
- Rockwell Controls Software
- Fanuc/ABB, Rockwell Motion
- AutoCad (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office
- Strong overall electrical knowledge and experience with control systems.
- Excellent communication skills and effective team building skills a must
- Experience in a food processing plant is a plus
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.
Human Computer Interaction
Programmable Logic Controllers
Variable Frequency Drive
Computer Control Systems