To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New Bern, NC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Hospice Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Part Time Weekends ONLY
PruittHealth • New Bern, NC
Posted 30 days ago
To increase the level of comfort for hospice patients and to provide temporary relief to the family from total personal care responsibility by providing the patient with personal aspects of care.
• Commitment to the Hospice concept and standards.
• Ability to interact with a variety of different age groups.
• Ability to work well independently and within an interdisciplinary team setting.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with individuals and groups.
• Ability to handle confidential matters.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule.
• Provides patient care services in accordance with policies and procedures and performs only those services as directed in CNA/PCA care plan.
• Provide personal hygiene aspects of care to patients including bathing, oral hygiene, skin care and hair care.
• Assist with transfer of patient, e.g., bed to chair, bed to commode, chair/commode to bed.
• Assist with ambulation and exercise of patient as ordered and so assigned.
• Assist with or provide meal preparation and related tasks.
• Assist with feeding of patient.
• Maintain a clean, safe and comfortable environment for the patient.
• Have an awareness of the emotional status of the patient and be able to understand the emotional problems associated with the illness.
• Coordinate care with the primary nurse and the director of health services.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of visits.
• Provide as needed comfortable care related to turning and positioning, observations and reporting, and impairment of skin integrity.
• Attend regular meetings of the interdisciplinary team and have direct involvement in developing, implementing, and evaluating the plan of care.
• Report patient progress and problems to supervisory personnel and procedures for handling medical emergencies or other incidents that affect the delivery of services in accordance with the patient’s service plan.
• Provides optimal care and dignity for the patient.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the DHS or Administrator.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
• Maturity and ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job.
• Ability to read, write, and carry out directions.
• Empathetic attitude toward the care of the terminally ill and their families.
• Understanding and commitment to the mission of PruittHealth Hospice.
• Ability to listen.
• Ability to document services rendered according to agency policy and procedures and to follow the CNA/PCA care plan.
• Orientation to Hospice and any other training that may be necessary to complete the assigned duties effectively.
• Participate in agency surveys and any subsequently required reports.
• Attend and participate in continuing educational programs to keep abreast of changes in your field as well as to maintain current license/certification, as required.
• Attend and participate in mandatory inservices.
• Honor patients/residents’ rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil rights, including the right to wage complaints.
• Comply with corporate compliance program.
• Report job-related functions/tasks that involve occupational hazards including exposure to blood and body fluids and others as necessary.
• Follow established safety regulations, to include fire protection & prevention, smoking regulations, infection control, etc.
• Follow established safety procedures when performing tasks and/or working with equipment.
• Perform other related duties as necessary and as directed by supervisor.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Minimum H.S. diploma or equivalent.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
One or more years of experience working with adults in a healthcare setting.
Hospice or home care experience desirable.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Registered by the Nurse Aide Registry as a Certified Nurse Aide in the state where you will provide care.
Must have current driver’s license and valid automobile liability insurance.
Must have Basic First Aid and CPR Certification.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
• Attendance – must maintain timely, regular attendance.
• Professional appearance.
• Communicates well with patients/residents/clients and family members providing warm and friendly greeting and an approachable attitude to families, visitors, patients/residents/clients and responds to expressed concerns while displaying a helpful, caring demeanor. Answers questions when appropriate in a professional manner.
Primary Location: North Carolina-New Bern
Job Posting: Mar 19, 2019, 12:15:34 PM