Join ARK Systems today as an AV Technician!
ARK Systems has been providing superior service to our valued customers since 1973. We specialize in the systems integration of fire, security, sound, voice, data, and AV systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pulls cables, mounts panels and back boxes.
- Runs conduits and wire mold.
- Mounts field devices.
- Completes associated paperwork.
- Does basic troubleshooting and service work.
- Terminates devices and panels.
- Programming system to be operational
- Lays out cabling routing, support and device locations.
- Terminates AV devices, AV wall plates, AV equipment racks, TVs and projectors.
- Installation of AV related equipment including projectors, TVs, projection screens, and speakers.
- Roughs in jobs and cuts in boxes.
- Communicates with ARK team members to effectively pursue company goals of installing low voltage systems according to acceptable standards and practices.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must have the ability to interpret code books and handbooks.
- Should have knowledge of Audio Visual Systems and components
- Certifications in Crestron or similar technologies
- Must have customer relations experience and skills.
- Field electronic practical experience required.
- Good communication skills are necessary.
- Must have a positive and respectful attitude and maintain good working relationships with management staff and employees.
- Must maintain good driving record (insurable through our insurance carrier) for driving to/from job sites.
Computer Equipment and Software Requirements:
Various low voltage systems, test equipment, communications equipment, drills and other hand tools.
Education and Experience Required:
Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent supplemented with 1-5 years of related industry experience. Electronic or technical school preferred but not required. Basic computer literacy required and system specific training.
Work conditions vary depending on customer sites. Most of the work is performed indoors, however some projects are on construction sites without heat or air conditioning. The ability to work at various heights via step or extension ladder and manlifts is essential. Lifting is required up to 75 pounds.
Pay would be DOE. 1st shift hours with possible 2nd shift depending upon job. Travel would be local around DMV area. ARK offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including medical (PPO/HMO), dental, vision, life insurance, disability, flexible spending accounts, in addition to tuition reimbursement, vacation and sick leave plans, and a matching 401(k) Plan. Enjoy the opportunity to work with the state of the art technology!
ARK Systems is an EOE M/F/D/V
Maximize your potential with ARK!
Installations (Computer Systems)