To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fostoria, OH 44830
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Culinary Associate Fostoria (1st/Part-time) Independence House
Independence House • Fostoria, OH
Posted 1 month ago
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
This position is responsible for performing a variety of kitchen duties as directed by supervisor. Duties will be performed in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, Independence House policy and procedure, Independence House ethical statement and resident rights, subject to the associate handbook.
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to speak in sentences.
* Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
* Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers. Ability to count.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* High school diploma or equivalent training or up to one year related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
During the performance process, please assess the level at which the staff member achieves the job accountabilities. Please use the 'Comments' section to document specific examples of performance issues, staff member's strengths and/or shortcomings, areas of suggested performance improvement and other comments as appropriate to further the staff member's growth and development.
Duty 1: Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide dietary services appropriate to needs of the residents served on his/her neighborhood or area.
Duty 2: Demonstrates leadership and personal accountability for performance to ensure quality food service is given to each and every customer.
Duty 3: Keep area where working clean and sanitary. Is able to operate the dish machine, washes pots, pans and other food service items. Sweep and mop floors in kitchen and servicing areas. Remove trash and garbage as directed.
Duty 4: Restock shelves, counters and storage areas with food service equipment.
Duty 5: Adhere to unit standards of dress, and attend scheduled meetings as well as all mandatory competency training.
Duty 6: Displays service excellence as evidenced by practicing the mission, vision, and values of the organization to promote resident satisfaction.
Duty 7: Complies with organizational policies, procedures, and practices to ensure quality job performance and regulatory compliance.