To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Reno, NV 89503
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Tax Accountant
IGT • Reno, NV
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
IGT is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines and Lotteries to Interactive and Social Gaming. With operations in more than 100 countries and a team of over 12,000 employees, we deliver world-class gaming and lottery technology.
We are seeking a tax accounting professional to join our Corporate Tax department. The individual selected for this position will be responsible for various tax projects in the areas of federal and state income tax. The successful candidate will have prior tax experience and exposure to tax returns and various tax issues.
- Tax Return preparation, including working in Corptax tax return preparation software, organization of supporting tax return workpaper documentation and monitoring federal tax legislation.
- Involvement in annual ASC 740 income tax provision and supporting workpaper documentation.
- Assignments related to IRS audits and notice resolution.
- Tax research of technical issues and preparation of memorandum to support conclusion reached.
- Involvement in tax projects requiring the exportation and manipulation of large amounts of data from SAP
- Assignments related to monthly account reconciliation of income tax general ledger accounts for the global organization.
- 4+ years relevant tax experience in a Big 4, Regional CPA, corporate tax department (or combination) required. International and State tax experience a plus.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance with Tax emphasis preferred; CPA certification preferred. Advanced degree a plus.
- Must possess a solid understanding of accounting theory, tax and accounting practices combined with a strong work ethic
- Solid PC skills including Microsoft windows and tax preparation software. Knowledge of Excel required. SAP experience a plus.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, yet comfortable interacting with others in a team-oriented environment.
- Must possess the ability to multi-task (coordinate multiple projects and assignments simultaneously) and employ innovative ideas.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills – able to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel and external contacts.
- Experience with analyzing financial information including balance sheets and income statements.
Keys to Success
• Building collaborative relationships
• Decision making
• Drive results
• Foster innovation
• Personal energy
In addition to a competive benefits package, we offer generous time-off plans, a 401(k) Savings Plan with Company contributions, tuition reimbursement, on-site fitness center and cafeteria, and free identity theft insurance to name a few.
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, and to creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship, covered veteran status, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable local, state, federal laws or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.
IGT (NYSE: IGT) is the global leader in gaming. For more information, please visit www.igt.com.