ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton, is the 15th largest Catholic Charities agency in the U.S. and 10th largest nonprofit within the state of New Jersey with an annual operating revenue of more than $40 million. Annually, a staff of 600 provides more than 100,000 people in Burlington, Mercer, Monmouth and Ocean counties with support related to housing, food, mental health, specialized children's services, addiction treatment and domestic violence services. A private nonprofit recognized by the Chronicle of Philanthropy as one of the most fiscally efficient in the country, the organization uses less than 10 percent of our revenue for administrative costs. We are a recognized leader in trauma-informed work and have pioneered integrated healthcare in the State.
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton, is a great place to work! We are mission-driven, family-friendly, and passionate about service to our communities. We offer a wide variety of exciting career opportunities in the areas of Direct Care, Clinical, Fundraising, Human Resources, I.T., Finance, Marketing, Nursing, and Government Relations. When you join us, you can expect a true focus on work-life balance, competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit programs, and an environment that promotes inclusion. Some of our benefits include: generous paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick time; excellent health & pension plans; and wide array of training and staff development opportunities to earn on-site CEUs.
Catholic Charities is a faith-inspired organization and Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for staff as well as for people seeking assistance. To learn more about the agency, please visit our website at : www.catholiccharitiestrenton.org.
JOB SUMMARY: Advise and represent Providence House clients concerning domestic violence matters.
- Meet with identified clients to present/discuss their options.
- Prepare all documents required to file cases
- Work closely with staff to prepare a comprehensive brief on each case that goes to trial
- Conduct research and analysis of legal problems associated with the client’s case
- Interpret laws, rulings, and regulations for clients
- Advise and represent clients in courts, before government agencies, and in private legal matters
- Maintain a regular schedule of hearings, court appearances and conferences based on clients’ case requirements
- Schedule and administer full depositions of case witnesses and experts related to client cases
- Review discovery documents and determine the best course of action for each client in each case
- May provide domestic violence training for other attorneys, hold workshops for clients, and in-services for staff
OTHER DUTIES: as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: 3+ years’ experience in family law. Experience with domestic Violence victims preferred. Professional attitude with a strong sense of discretion. Excellent interpersonal communication skills. Strong organizational abilities. Knowledge of MS Office suite
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS NEEDED: JD required, License to practice law from the NJ State Bar Association, Valid driver’s license required.
DISCLAIMER CLAUSE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it.