If you are a Product Security Engineer professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our SHAKOPEE, MN location, you will work with a wide range of technologies including wireless sensing, real-time and non-real-time Linux systems, networking protocols, web interfaces, embedded sensors, cloud and on-prem deployments.
This is a key position with high visibility in Emerson’s Pervasive Sensing organization, one of the process control industry’s leading IIoT providers. This position will be responsible for the end-to-end security of our Pervasive Sensing products. This engineer will work to ensure that Emerson’s products are developed and delivered securely. This is a challenging and rewarding position where interesting software projects in control and security are implemented to facilitate our client’s needs and protect them from threats. AS PRODUCT SECURITY ENGINEER, YOU WILL:
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ensure security of sensor to cloud connectivity solutions
- Oversee security elements of communication protocols (BLE, APL, HART, WiHART, OPC etc…)
- Provide technical analysis of product vulnerabilities and impact on products and end users
- Provide technical details to governmental RFIs
- Maintain software inventory lists for Pervasive Sensing organization
- Execute essential cybersecurity elements of product development processes
- Performing cybersecurity impact analysis of product changes
- Support cybersecurity impact analysis of suppliers and components used in products
- Provide technical detail on customers' cybersecurity questionnaires
- Support technical cybersecurity certification activities for Pervasive Sensing products.
- Ensure SDLC is followed for product development to maintain certification compliance
- Perform security scans, fuzz and penetration testing on products. Analyze results and ensure vulnerabilities are addressed
- Participate in various standards committees to represent Emerson interests
- Evaluate various security tools for use on Pervasive Sensing products
- Lead threat modeling activities for Pervasive Sensing products
- Ensuring latest cybersecurity best practices are followed
- Perform deep technical analysis of products to ensure a high level of cybersecurity is delivered
- Develop proof-of-concept prototypes to determine feasibility and risks of various security solutions.
- Work with customers as needed to provide training and/or guidance on architecture of system security
- Author technical product literature regarding the security of our products
You are a high performing technologist with a passion for cybersecurity. You enjoy learning the nuances of new technology and understand how they fit together securely. You like getting exposure to a wide range of technologies and understanding how they work together.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science from an engineering school
Minimum of 4 years of related work experience
Legal authorization to work in the United States
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
[ Link removed ]
Our Commitment to Our People
Across the globe, we are united by a singular Purpose: We drive innovation that makes the world healthier, safer, smarter, and more sustainable. We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills, and competencies to bring this Purpose to life while competing and leading in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development, from onboarding through senior leadership.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities, and the world through our unwavering focus on environmental, social, and regulatory progress. [ Link removed ]
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual and family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more. We also provide you flexible time-off plans, including paid parental leave, vacation, and holiday leave.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives – and that reflects the world around us. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers.
This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] and [ Link removed ] .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J or TN, or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, please contact: [ Link removed ] .
Emerson is a leading global technology, software and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
We help customers in the world’s most essential industries solve the biggest challenges of modern life. Every day, our global workforce fulfills our unified Purpose and lives out the Values we hold close as an organization: Integrity, Safety & Quality, Support Our People, Customer Focus, Continuous Improvement, Collaboration, and Innovation.
Our Causes – Planet, Humanity, Champion, Inclusion and Future – shape, define and fuel Emerson’s culture while inspiring our innovative spirit and driving our focus.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring possibilities, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find opportunities with us. Join our team and start your journey today!
No calls or agencies please.