National Gypsum Company, headquartered in Charlotte, NC, is the exclusive service provider of reliable, high-performance building products marketed under the Gold Bond®, ProForm® and PermaBASE® brands. The National Gypsum name – through its Gold Bond®, ProForm® and PermaBASE® product lines – has been synonymous with high-quality, innovative products, and exceptional customer service since 1925.
For decades, we have saved our customers time and money by providing the industry’s best, most reliable building products, resources and services. We are Building Products for a Better Future® one project at a time.
National Gypsum Company operates as a family of companies working together toward a common goal with collaboration and open communication. Our corporate entities include: NG Corporate, LLC; National Gypsum Services Company; Gold Bond Building Products, LLC; Gold Bond Canada, LLC; ProForm Finishing Products, LLC; PermaBASE Building Products, LLC; and Unifix Inc.
National Gypsum Services Company has an immediate opening for a Kiln / Process Engineer at our Charlotte, NC location. This position will report to the Combustion / Energy Conservation Engineer.
Hiring Entity: national gypsum services company
The purpose of this position is to assist and support proper installation and maintenance of plant combustion, drying and calcining operations to provide a safe, efficient and cost-effective operation.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (not all inclusive):
- Assist in the Company’s energy efficiency and conservation efforts. Evaluate current plant thermal and electrical systems. Recommend quality and cost improvement opportunities based on findings.
- Assist in evaluating production problems related to plant thermal systems and recommend changes to the Plant Manager. Assist plant personnel in implementing changes and training plant personnel as needed to sustain improvements.
- Develop and implement strategies for data collection and process control technology upgrades
- Evaluate plant equipment needs and recommend to Engineering equipment to be purchased
- Assist to plan and direct of activities of outside contractors ensuring timely completion of capital projects related to thermal and electrical systems
- Support the design new equipment or modify existing equipment to improve plant operations
- Coordinate with Division Engineering on all projects that require engineering assistance
- Assist in preparation of capital budgets by recommending specific projects, preparing appropriation requests, and obtaining competitive prices and/or bids
- Analyze new equipment for possible application to manufacturing process
- Coordinate initiatives with the Energy Department to optimize benefits/savings
- The position will be in Charlotte NC, with travel expected be up to 50% of the time
- Electrical or Mechanical Engineering degree preferred with appropriate work experience (will consider other Engineering Degree and experience)
- A minimum two years manufacturing experience; Gypsum industry preferred
- Knowledge of thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, heat transfer and mass transfer
- Knowledge of balancing heat and air flows in board dryers
- Combustion knowledge and hands-on burner tuning is very helpful
- PLC programming and AutoCAD knowledge a plus
- Working knowledge of industrial electricity (power distribution, motor controls, etc.)
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management, possess leadership and training skills, and have a high level of energy to assist in a start-up operation
• Competitive salary;
• Comprehensive benefits to include:
- 401(k) with employer match
- Retirement Account
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wellness Program with medical premium incentives
- COVID Vaccine Personal Choice Employer
-Interested / Qualified candidates, please apply online
-No phone calls or third-party recruiters, please
-Employment ready applicants only
The above information on this description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of an associate assigned to this position. The company enforces a tobacco-free policy at all its locations.
All National Gypsum Company and corporate affiliate companies, including: NG Corporate, LLC, National Gypsum Services Company, Gold Bond Building Products, LLC, Gold Bond Canada, LLC, ProForm Finishing Products, LLC, PermaBASE Building Products, LLC and Unifix Inc , are Equal Opportunity Employers. Please visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Kiln / Process Engineer to view all of our exciting employment opportunities. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Pre-employment drug screening is required. All companies participate in E-Verify. E-Verify is an internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility. www.dhs.gov/e-verify.
- Auto Cad
- Data Collection
- Electric Power Distribution
- Electrical Installation Work