• Supervise, and provide facilities' related engineering services to safely meet the business plan by providing the necessary facility engineering and design services to production, maintenance, and administrative departments as required to achieve plant goals.
• Oversee all facilities and plant building construction and renovation projects, land development activities and is the liaison between the plant and State and local government agencies for Permit applications and inspections.
• Enforce all Alcoa Safety policies and practices as they pertain to Alcoa personnel, as well as outside contractors hired for onsite construction and facility related projects and services.
• Insuring that all applicable Federal, State, and Local building codes are met and followed for all construction and facility related projects and services.
• Provide construction expertise/consulting to the maintenance departments, and to the project engineers as needs arise.
• Coordinate all phases of assigned projects from concept, scope development, written specifications, bid solicitations and related bid meetings, equipment and facilities engineering/design, manufacturing and installation through final start-up, acceptance and project close-out.
• Assist production, technical and maintenance with various types of equipment and process issues from an engineering perspective, particularly in the incumbent's specialized area involving electrical/ equipment and related systems.Qualifications
• B.S. Degree in Electrical/Mechanical/Civil/Architectural or Building Construction Engineering from an Accredited College or University.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
• 6 years of experience in new equipment installations, building construction/additions, plant layout, plant engineering functions, project management, maintenance operations and manufacturing processes, preferably in heavy manufacturing industry environment.
• 4 years of experience with Facility Related Services
• Extensive knowledge of construction practices, building codes, construction contractor safety practices, including OSHA construction related regulations
Engineering Design Process