To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Iowa City, IA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Assistant Controller, Subsidiaries
ACT • Iowa City, IA
Posted 5 days ago
ACT is a nonprofit organization helping people achieve educational and workplace success. Our programs are designed to boost lifelong learning in schools and workplaces around the world. Whether it's guiding students along their learning paths, enabling companies to develop their workforce, fostering parent, teacher, and counselor understanding of student progress, guiding job seekers toward career success, or informing policymakers about education and workforce issues. ACT is passionate about making a difference in all we do.
Learn more about working at ACT at act.org!Responsibilities
Support mergers and acquisitions activities from due diligence to integration. Provide accounting oversight and support for new and existing ACT subsidiaries.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Typical work-related activities include:
- Support mergers and acquisitions opportunities by conducting financial analysis; identifying risks, synergies, and opportunities; and reporting summarized findings to be shared with leadership.
- Collaborate with external finance and accounting providers regarding due diligence, valuations, purchase price accounting, etc.
- Assist with developing budgets and forecasts for new subsidiaries and programs.
- Develop and execute an accounting integration plan for mergers and acquisitions.
- Review/record accounting activity for ACT subsidiaries using subsidiary's accounting software.
- Assist with subsidiary monthly and year-end closing activities, annual budgeting and periodic forecasting, as well as reconcile intercompany activity between ACT and its subsidiaries.
- Perform analytical review of financial results
- Prepare/review journal entries and account reconciliations
- Travel to subsidiary locations as necessary
- Assist with/manage special projects as necessary
- Coordinate subsidiary audits and tax returns
- Represent subsidiaries in future ERP system decisions
- Assure compliance with written internal control policies and procedures
- Assure proper application of accounting procedures and policies.
- Provide other various accounting activities as follows: grant reporting support and accounting services, cash forecasting analyses and reports, research accounting related topics and new standards and other special projects as necessary.
- Participate in internal and external audit related activities.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in accounting or finance
- CPA is preferred
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired
- A minimum of 7 years of related finance or accounting experience required preferably with mergers and acquisitions and/or small company controllership experience.
- Recent public accounting experience preferred.
- Experience in SOX compliance preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to collect, analyze, research and translate financial data.
- Ability to learn and utilize complex software applications including spreadsheet and databases.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills with ability to determine logical and sometimes creative solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, including understanding and interpreting technical documents and requests for information
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and managing to time sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with both internal and external customers and key stakeholders.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team; sometimes leading teams and projects.