REPORTS TO: Engineering Manager
Defines, implements, and maintains best-in-class processes procedures, and tools to enhance quality and productivity. Works closely with Engineering Manager and Manager of Quality and Logistics in implementing existing and new product lines, techniques and processes.
- Key areas of knowledge and experience in NVH phenomena spectra and engineering challenges and Analysis and approach to solve interior noise issues
- Impact of pass-by noise and how to measure and resolve it
- Standards on acoustics, mechanical shock, noise and other associated subjects.
- Understanding different types of noise and vibration, and how to interpret test or simulation results.
- Develop insights in how to reduce noise and vibrations, while striking an excellent balance between cost-efficiency, weight and performance
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interfaces directly with Company representatives and customers to interpret their requirements using established application guidelines for silencer and acoustic products.
- Communicate and implement innovation, ideas and improvements.
- Work with Engineering Manager and Manager of Quality and Logistics on resource allocation, planning, scheduling, risk management, issue resolution and productivity metrics tracking.
- Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Work with Engineering Manager to analyze technology and resource needs, assess and evaluate market demand, and plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Review and recommend or approve cost estimates. Prepare and oversee budgets and bids on individual jobs.
- Implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering department as set by Engineering Manager.
- Keep up-to-date technically and apply new knowledge to your job.
SKILL & KNOWLEDGE:
- Proficient knowledge and experience on PC using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project, Access), AutoCAD, SolidWorks, PIPE2010 software.
- Knowledge, experience or ability to develop an understanding of the following.
- ASME Pressure Vessel Design.
- Compressible and Incompressible Flow.
- Electric Control Logic.
- Ability to accomplish goals without direct line authority; good people/interpersonal skills such as ability to exercise personal influence, resolve conflict, and bring about required behaviors.
- Good listening skills. Ability to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate information and results to choose the best solution and solve problems considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions. Observe, receive, and obtain information from all relevant sources.
- Professionally communicate and represent the organization to customers and other external sources.
- Must have ability to travel.
- BS Engineering, Mechanical - P.E. preferred.
- 1 – 5 plus years experience in engineering design in the above stated areas of expertise.
Thank you for your interest and consideration. Please apply on-line and include your Word document resume as well as your design portfolio.
Engineer In Training
Engineering Design Process