To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
VP of Government & Regulatory Affairs
ExecuNet • Washington, DC
Posted 1 month ago
Company works around the country to build and maintain the infrastructure behind the world’s most revolutionary technologies. Company owns, operates and leases more than 40,000 cell towers and over 60,000 route miles of fiber supporting small cells and fiber solutions across every major US market. This nationwide portfolio of communications infrastructure connects cities and communities to essential data, technology and wireless service – bringing information, ideas and innovations to the people and businesses that need them. Company is an S&P 500 company and one of the largest Real Estate Investment Trusts in the United States with an enterprise value of approximately $60 billion.
This role is responsible for helping to lead and develop strategy for Company’s federal legislative and regulatory advocacy and policy agenda efforts in Washington, D.C.
Essential Job Functions
- Contributes actively to the evolution and execution of the Company’s strategic and business plans, providing strategic input and leadership to support the Company’s growth objectives and proactively address challenges.
- Advises the senior leadership team and board members on federal regulatory and legislative matters.
- Leads the development of complex policy strategies and initiatives designed to promote Crown’s assets and business model before federal regulatory and legislative decision makers and industry associations.
- Establishes and enhances a sophisticated political contact network to promote Company’s interests and relationships with key Capitol Hill lawmakers, federal policymakers and opinion leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Policy, Government Affairs, Business Administration or equivalent experience
- Master’s or Law degree preferred.
- Strong existing relationships with Congressional Members and access to senior personnel of key governmental agencies.
- A thorough understanding of Congressional and Cabinet policy-making processes, including an understanding of the roles and decision points in key federal agencies, the White House as well as think tanks and associations.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in Washington as a government executive, Congressional staffer or as a senior level public servant in a relevant government department or agency.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional knowledge of communications industry and telecom infrastructure policy, regulations and legislation.
- Ability to plan and execute a comprehensive proactive federal government affairs strategy that advances the Company’s plan with federal, state and local elected officials.
- Exceptional strategic thinking and interpersonal communications skills.
- Extensive knowledge of legislative and regulatory process and landscape.
- Strong relationship-building ability that fosters trust and collaboration with government officials, industry leaders and company stakeholders.
- Proven decision-making skills and the ability to assemble many pieces of information into a cohesive and sophisticated understanding of complex issues.
- Personal attributes include high level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation.
Reports to: SVP and General Counsel