Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Quality Engineer to in North Haven, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Quality Engineer your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to is seeking a hands-on Quality Engineer to plan, develop and improve processes, using Lean Manufacturing Principles combined with an in-depth knowledge of Manufacturing.
Summary: Under the general supervision of the Director of Engineering, this hands-on Quality Engineer would recommend, implement, and maintain quality assurance of the production process & products of our North Haven facility.
- Maintains quality standards & objectives in accordance with corporate policies and goals.
- Assists management in establishing and tracking Quality Metrics for each of the Division.
- Keeps management team abreast of significant issues or developments identified during quality activities and actions being taken to improve the situation.
- Manage and coordinate all daily functions of Quality.
- Maintains Customer Complaint Notice log and overseas root cause analysis, proper documentation, and issues customer response.
- Interfaces with Customer Quality personnel relative to our quality program and maintains a good working relationship.
- Assist sales and engineering with team customer support as required.
Quality Process Set Up
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
- Work with Engineering to develop measurement metrics for all new parts.
- Plans and oversees the analysis, inspection, design, test, and/or integration to assure the quality of assigned product or component.
Maintain Quality Process
- Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
- Work with Production management to ensure control plans are followed and procedures and manuals are updated.
- Develops new process improvements to solve problems requested by management or identified during quality activities.
- Maintain and keep current In Warranty Analysis database. Provide management quarterly and annual analysis of failure rates and key quality & technical information.
- Work with Engineering to reduce failures on higher quantity of in warranty failed products.
- Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods where specified for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and change.
- Hands on experience in finding root cause by collecting data of the actual process and organizing it in a manner that a team from manufacturing, engineering and quality can brainstorm and identify the root cause. Ability to validate and monitor implemented solution.
- Assists production management in directing workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products.
- Where applicable, maintain certification records of measurement equipment.
- Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality codes and standards.
- Establish and monitor incoming inspection results of incoming product.
- Establish with engineering and manufacturing incoming inspection process for new vendors and or products.
- For certified vendors, establisher relationship with supplier quality personnel and from time-to-time conduct site visits to verify process. Initiate Supplier Development programs where necessary.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering from four-year College or University; or a minimum of two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Duration: Permanent Direct hire
Location: North Haven, CT.
Salary: Depending on Experience
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Process Improvements (Business)
Statistical Process Controls