To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Thomaston, CT
- Alex Bruno
- Phone: 2039055088
- Phone:: 1 203-905-5298
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Michael Page • Thomaston, CT
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Creates and maintains bills of manufacture in Visual ERP system. Develops programs and provides support for CNC machines in the Machine Shop and Box Shop.
This client is a diversified industrial technology company that provides highly engineered motor, generator, control and MRO solutions to a diverse range of Energy, Heavy Industry and Government customers worldwide.
- Creates and maintains bills of manufacture (engineering masters) in Visual ERP system.
- Develops programs and provides support for CNC machines in the Machine Shop and Box Shop.
- Designs tools and fixtures and works with Logistics to have them manufactured in-house or by external vendors.
- Troubleshoot all shop floor problems with manufacturing, logistics, QA and engineering personnel.
- Specify and document manufacturing processes as necessary for successful part manufacture.
- Reviews ECN (Engineering Change Notices) and makes appropriate changes to engineering masters and open work orders in coordination with logistics.
- Researches and identifies production equipment to meet product manufacturing and necessary safety requirements.
Customer/Vendor Work Relationships
- Vendors: Ensures that all vendor supplied fixtures and tooling meet specifications and operate as anticipated to support Manufacturing.
- Sales: Provides technical support and review of RFQ's and other customer documents.
- Engineering: Interfaces with Engineers on all design, tooling and CNC programming issues.
- Manufacturing: Interfaces with all departments on all routing, tooling, raw material and shop floor issues.
- Materials & Sourcing: Interfaces with Logistics on "make or purchase" decisions.
- Represents the Manufacturing Engineering Department on Continuous Improvement Task Teams.
- Works on continuously improving Manufacturing Engineering procedures and methods by using changing technology to reduce overall production costs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
Education / Experience
- Associates/Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related Technology preferred.
- CAD experience required. Solidworks design software preferred.
- Sheet metal processing experience preferred.
- Microsoft Word and Excel experience required.
- Solid understanding of engineering drawings and electrical schematics required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- ISO and Lean manufacturing experience a plus. (Six Sigma, Kaizen, Kanban, 5S, etc.)
- Ability to travel (domestic and international)
Competitive salary and benefits.