CECO Environmental is a global leader in air quality and fluid handling serving the energy, industrial and other niche markets. Providing innovative technology and application expertise, CECO helps companies grow their business with safe, clean and more efficient solutions that help protect our shared environment.
We are adding a Global Technical Accounting and reporting Director to Global Finance and Accounting leadership team in Cincinnati, Ohio office. This is a hybrid role! The position could be located at Dallas TX, or Cincinnati Ohio
In this position as a Global Technical Accounting Director, you will:
- Lead technical accounting and reporting operations and activities with focus on SEC reporting and technical accounting
- Regulating CECO Environment accounting procedures and policy
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the preparation and analysis of the Company’s quarterly and annual SEC filings on Forms 10-Q and 10-K, Form 8Ks, annual proxy and responses to SEC comment letters. Respond to internal/external inquiries regarding financial data reported or filed.
- Coordinate and oversee external audits and reviews. Manage communications with external auditor on external financial statements and accounting issues to ensure auditor agreement with Company decisions on accounting disclosures and issues.
- Support investor relations to ensure that all external communications are accurate and appropriate.
- Provide professional technical accounting guidance to Senior Management with regard to interpretation and analysis of accounting standards, regulatory or policy changes. Maintain knowledge of ongoing external trends in the accounting area. Prepare in-depth analysis of financial data due to regulatory or policy changes.
- Provide on-going advice on accounting issues to all levels and areas of the organization
- Prepare corporate accounting policies, as required, and coordinate implementation.
- Maintain the Company’s written accounting policies and provide guidance throughout the organization on the application of such policies.
- Responsible for the ongoing accounting duties related to goodwill, equity compensation, pension plans, and business combinations.
- Manage audits of the various employee benefit plans, including Form 5500s.
- Other job duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent degree, Advanced credentials or Certified Public Accountant / CPA are preferred
- Strong technical accounting knowledge and understanding of U.S. GAAP and internal controls.
- Experience with SEC reporting guidelines.
- Minimum 5 years in public accounting or corporate environment.
- Knowledge of International Financial & Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Demonstrated process improvement skills
- Outstanding change management skills
- Project management skills
CECO Environmental offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k and more.
CECO Environmental is an EEO and E-Verify Employer. We sincerely appreciate your interest and will carefully evaluate your qualifications for employment. Be assured your opportunity for employment with our company will be based only on your merit without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, or any other factor unrelated to job requirements.
- Business Process Improvement
- Certified Public Accountant
- Change Management