Careerswith MedExpress. At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient,affordable health care and exceeding our patients' expectations. Ourneighborhood medical centers are open every day from 8-8 with a full medicalteam and no appointments necessary to help patients get in, get healthy, and getback to what's really important. We provide a broad scope of services includingurgent care, basic wellness and prevention, and employer health services. Aspart of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we're workingtogether to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system workbetter for everyone. You can become part of our elite team almost anywhere with250 MedExpress centers across the country and two administrative offices inMorgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
The medical scribe, local traveler will beexpected to cover a predetermined number of centers based on geographiclocation. The local traveler will report directly to the Center Manager at anassigned "home" location, but will be available to travel to a designated localterritory of other MedExpress Neighborhood Medical Centers within a (Recruitercan insert radius here before posting) mile radius.
- Performs provider documentation of patient information as dictated by a provider in a legible and clear manner, following all established local, state and federal guidelines for documentation and billing
- Demonstrates skill in documenting and maintaining patient care records in a complete and thorough manner
- Ensures that all documentation follows scribe policies and procedures as outlined by MedExpress
- Follows established medical record requirements
- Completes all documentation real time and within the same date of service
- Communicate to provider when chart is complete and ready for review and sign off
- Clarifies and corrects any documentation under the direction of the provider
- Other patient care responsibilities as directed by Center Manager
This roleis center-based and requires working in a clinical setting. The noise level ismoderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases andblood-borne pathogens. It requires the ability to stand and sit for hours at atime (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity inrelation to clinical requirements, and ability to lift 50 lbs. Hours may varybased on location, patient volume, and business needs.
You'llbe rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that willchallenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in yourrole as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- HighSchool Diploma or equivalent
- Experiencewith medical terminology
- Experiencewith computerized information systems (EMR) used in business and clinicalmanagement settings
- Havereliable transportation to designated local territory
- Employeesare required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app,Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or asimilar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the worksite each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply withany state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Groupbuilding, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physicaldistancing cannot be attained.
- Youwill be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) andare required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this isan essential function of this role.
- 2+years clinical experience in related field such as a scribe or medicalassistant
- 3+months of experience as a Medical Assistant in a MedExpress Center
- Priorexperience with employer health services (i.e. urine drug screens, breathalcohol, DOT physicals, etc.)
- Completedmedical training specific to medical terminology, anatomy and physiology
- Experiencedocumenting patient information into an electronic medical record, EMR/EHR
- Urgentcare or emergency room experience
- Experienceworking as a medical assistant
- Experiencecompleting provider orders (i.e. venipuncture, point of care testing)
Proofof immunity to vaccine-preventable diseases is an employment requirement.
© 2019 OptumCare. All rights reserved.
OptumCareis committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they dobest: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative andbusiness support services to both its owned and affiliated medical practiceswhich are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physicianemployees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-makingand patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or controlthe practice of medicine provided by the medical practices of any of theirphysicians.
Diversitycreates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practicesare Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualifiedapplicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status,disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, maritalstatus, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCareand its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates arerequired to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
JobKeywords: Medical scribe,scribe, medical assistant, MA, physician scribe, MedExpress, Battle Creek, MI
Electronic Medical Record