To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Diego, CA
- Mr. Kelly Tachikawa
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Project Manager Construction
Blue Sky Management Group • San Diego, CA
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Project Manager Construction
About the Company
A successful commercial Construction General Contractor, is seeking a motivated and skilled Project Manager for our San Diego office. We are a leading Life Science, Healthcare, and Commercial/Industrial builder who provides high efficiency, cost-effective construction solutions and a relentless focus on safety and quality.
The Project Manager has responsibility for the overall management of the construction projects to ensure client satisfaction and expectations. This position will manage the costs, schedule, safety, and quality while providing leadership in the completion of our projects. In the role of Project Manager, it is especially important that he/she be successful in working with the Superintendent and to provide training and mentoring for Project Engineers and others.
Provide administration and technical expertise in the management of assigned construction projects; to include the management of owner/client, design consultants and subcontractors, as well as, the project team assuring a successful outcome for all parties. This position will also create value though planning organization and leadership.
- Provide leadership by using effective verbal and written communication to manage the owner/client, architect and consultants, as well as, the project team in all phases of the work. This includes developing and motivating teamwork between all parties.
- Understand and implement general conditions and requirements of the contracts associated with each project while monitoring the contract documents for conformance and execution.
- Employ Project Management Systems to manage and control the project documentation and cost controls. Supervise and monitor the preparation and reporting of RFI logs, submittal logs, testing and inspection reports, safety inspections and reports, change order logs and other related reports.
- Prepare, monitor and update the project schedule. Review and coordinate with the Superintendent’s “look ahead” schedules and document delays to the project. Establish material delivery schedules/logs and integrate into the project schedule.
- Negotiate terms and conditions of subcontracts and purchase orders, oversee the execution of the subcontract requirements and manage subcontractor claims.
- Verification of owner/client billings, subcontractor billings and account receivables.
- Participate in Operations and Safety meetings to help facilitate and enforce jobsite safety at all times and the establishment of project emergency plans.
- Organize project meetings, prepare meeting minutes and provide leadership and control to insure that all parties understand their obligations and that they follow through.
- Management of project close out procedures including monitoring of punch list to completion, preparation of warranties and operations manuals.
- Understand construction techniques to a relatively high degree in principle and practice including fundamentals of reinforced concrete, wood framing methods and engineering detail, as well as electrical, mechanical, plumbing systems.
- Ability to recognize problems and produce workable alternative solutions that meet the owner/clients expectations. Proactively solves problems.
- Knowledge and understanding of CPM scheduling methods
- Experience in Safety is a plus (OSHA 30, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and Word.
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of position-related experience with at least 5 years of Life Science Construction background.
- Knowledge in commercial construction, construction management, contractor’s state license law, business management concepts, logistics planning and coordination.
If you enjoy a challenge, are team-oriented, and have a minimum of 10+ years of construction experience, please submit your resume.