Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
M-F Normal business hrs (8am-5pm) with modifications based on patient care needs. Requires intermittent travel between our health system locations
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 25,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network as a Biospecimen Research Coordinator.
The Clinical Research Coordinator l of Cancer Clinical Research Office (CCRO) is an integral member of the research team. In compliance with all regulatory, institutional and departmental requirements, performs patient screening, data collection and data entry for research protocols, databases and projects within Hartford Healthcare Cancer Institute, and ensures the data quality and integrity for each clinical trial. This position specifically supports non-therapeutic and biospecimen focused research and serves as a research laboratory technician.
- Coordinate and facilitate the appropriate conduct of biospecimen studies in oncology.
- Support therapeutic research through specimen collection, processing, shipping and timed assessments. Coordinates with pathology and sponsors for tissue samples.
- Provides inventory management of research laboratory supplies.
- Reviews protocols and laboratory manuals to assess for impact, logistical planning and training needs.
- Coordinate and conduct studies as per GCP and ICH guidelines including participant recruitment; informed consent; continuous monitoring of protocol for compliance and patient safety; source document review; data entry; sponsor monitoring; processing, storing and shipping of research specimens in accordance with study laboratory manual and IATA regulations.
- Collaborate with and support other clinical trial staff across the system to ensure highest quality clinical research activities.
- Document relevant data collections into various sponsor electronic data capture systems and complete data entry within protocol timelines.
Prepare study calendars and materials; maintain participant tracking logs and screening/enrollment logs.
- Assist regulatory staff with study regulatory reporting requirements and IRB policies for protocol deviations, safety reporting and continuing reviews.
- Assist research account specialist of CCRO with clinical trial billing in the resolution of related queries.
- Assist/coordinate preparation for internal and external audits.
Handle all confidential information appropriately.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Education: Bachelor’s degree (in Nursing, Pharmacy, or Healthcare related).
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant clinical research experience.
- Familiar with basic laboratory principles and safe handling of blood and other biological specimens.
- Demonstrated clinical competency with patient related measurements and with a high degree of accuracy with respect to documentation and data collection.
- Ability to work with spreadsheets (such as Excel), familiarity with databases (ex: RedCap, Medidata, RAVE, etc.) and querying.
- Experience in preparing and completing Case Report Forms (CRF’s), eligibility checklist and other relevant documentation protocols.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required for working with the study participants and working as a member of a highly integrated team.
- Ability to travel between clinical sites in the Greater Hartford area, whenever required.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Electronic Data Capture
Case Report Forms