A leading manufacturer of window and door products is seeking a Supply Chain Planner to join their team!
Role employs the fundamental theories, principles, and concepts of supply chain, continuous improvement, and/or lean manufacturing.
- Role may be in the areas of planning, scheduling or inventory accuracy. Includes execution of processes, investigating discrepancies, developing corrective actions, with an understanding of business impacts of decisions.
- Develop, optimize and integrate detailed business schedules (supplier plans, replenishment models) in a lean environment, to achieve the business goals.
- Coordinate procurement of material to match demands; communicate with suppliers our requirements and forecast.
- Drives continuous improvements on daily processes and tactical projects, including performing root cause analysis and drive corrective actions for problem across Supply Chain processes
- Understand and communicate value steam and/or supply chain capacity and constraints
- Maintain relationships with internal and external business partners including suppliers, supervisors and team leads, logistics/warehouse groups and material planners
- Utilize lean tools and other business processes such as kanban, spike tools, 5Y, Plan-Do-Check-Act, value stream mapping and A3 thinking
- Communicate/present lean tool applications such as value stream and process mapping, kaizen and PDCA
- Typically, a minimum of 3 years in lean manufacturing support environment.
- Intermediate computer skills with experience in MS Office, ERP and Reporting systems
- Practical working knowledge of lean manufacturing tools such as pull systems, PDCA thinking, value stream mapping, process mapping, and Kanban systems.
- Practical working knowledge of supply chain technologies (ERP, Manufacturing Execution Systems, Warehouse Management Systems)
This is a contract to hire opportunity!
Compensation: $21 - $31/hour depending on experience
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)
Material Requirements Planning