To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Doral, FL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Cruise Logistics Agent
Hellmann Worldwide Logistics • Doral, FL
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Cruise Logistics Agent will be the primary customer contact for all operational and day-to-day inquiries. Coordinates Air and Sea Freight shipments for the assigned Cruise Logistics accounts ensuring that service commitments are achieved and maintained in accordance with client requirements and company objectives. Serves as a liaison with customers, vendors, and government agencies
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible to ensure Air and Sea Freight operations are compliant to internal HWL policies and external government regulations.
• Coordinates Air and Sea Freight operation from A to Z.
• Responsible for Customs documentation for cargo being Imported and Exported from a Foreign Trade Zone.
• Checks clients' credit status prior to arranging transportation.
• Assists and maintain service relations with clients and other offices.
• Provides quality customer service to vendors, shippers and agents in order to facilitate the required objectives and provide customers with daily updates.
• Responsible to work with other department personnel including sales, as needed.
• Responsible to professionally support customer escalations in conjunction with product manager.
• Keeps clients informed and maintains knowledge of market trends and changes in service options.
• Ensures clients, Hellmanns’ partners or other required parties are kept fully informed of transport arrangements and status on regular basis.
• Ensures invoicing of rendered services is completed accurately consistent with company policy.
• Receives rate requests.
• Prepares and issues rate quotations externally and internally as required.
• Process reports and establish competency with the internet, and basic software programs.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
This position does not supervise any direct reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Strong communication, analytical and organizational skills, strong attention to details.
Must have the ability to read, write, and speak English at an Advanced level in a business environment
Ability to manage workload and prioritize tasks based on department objectives, knowing when to escalate.
Ability to juggle various priorities and maintain control without getting flustered.
Team player within company.
Multitask oriented and able to work in a fast environment.
Professional and courteous phone manner.
Ability work a flexible schedule, extended hours
Education and/or Experience
Associate’s degree (A.A.) from a two-year college
Minimum one year experience in the freight forwarding industry
Experience with Cruise Logistics a plus
Completion of any industry related course is an asset
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial and legal documents, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, and most complex documents.
Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints and to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information to top management and/or boards of directors and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as freight rates, discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and follow through on requests.
Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
Ability to deal with variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Proficient in programs used for email, word processing, data manipulation (spread sheets), presentation, and internet.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
Regularly required to sit, use hands, handle or feel, and talk or hear.
Frequently required to stand, and walk.
Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics are similar of those of an office setting with various office equipment.