To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Little Rock, AR
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Community Health Worker - Little Rock, AR
UnitedHealth Group • Little Rock, AR
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond counseling services and verified referrals to behavioral health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Administers field based Independent Assessments to beneficiaries
- Communicates in a culturally sensitive manner to individuals whose support needs are being assessed within the mental health and / or developmental disabled populations
- Uses pertinent data and facts to identify and solve a range of problems within area of expertise
- Investigates non - standard requests and problems, with some assistance from others
- Works exclusively within a specific knowledge area
- Prioritizes and organizes own work to meet deadlines
- Provides explanations and information to others on topics within area of expertise
- Demonstrates a moderate level of knowledge and skills in own function
- Requires little assistance with standard and non - standard requests
- Solves routine problems on own
- Works with supervisor to solve more complex problems
- Prioritizes and organizes own work to meet agreed upon deadlines
- Works with others as part of a team
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher)
- Comfortable with daily travel to and from appointments (local travel)
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable them to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
- Comfortable working Monday - Friday from 8 am - 5 pm with some evening and weekend appointments necessary
- 1+ years of experience working in the Behavioral Health related field
- Must possess the ability to navigate a Windows based environment and create, edit, save and send documents utilizing Microsoft Word; and the ability to navigate Microsoft Outlook and conduct Internet searches
- Knowledge of culture and values in the local community
- Must be able to pass complete criminal history and Central Registry Checks
- Must have additional Child Maltreatment Central Registry and Adult and Long - Term Care Facility Resident Maltreatment Central Registry updated every three years and a State Criminal Background Check updated every five years
- Must be able to pass State background checks for all States in which lived in within the last five years
- Field based experience
- Knowledge of Medicaid and Medicare population
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords:Optum, Community health worker; Community; Field base; Field; behavioral Health