Why Join SelectQuote
As an AEP Sales Agent at SelectQuote Senior, you'll receive real-time, warm leads daily with ZERO cold calling. Using the SelectQuote platform, you'll provide consumers with a variety of Medicare product options, saving them time and money during the Medicare Annual Enrollment Period (AEP) from October to December.
It's an exciting time to join SelectQuote. We became publicly traded in 2020 with the first 100% virtual IPO (non-biotech) in American history. We've also been recognized nationally on the 2021 Top Workplaces USA list and by the Kansas City Business Journal as a 2020 Best Places to Work honoree.
We offer a competitive base pay ($18 an hour) and commissions that result in a first-year target compensation of $70k. Many Agents earn well above 100k, with some quickly reaching over 200k. Last year, our top Sales Agent made close to $300k. Other incentives include prizes, spot bonuses, and award trips. Don't let the “sales” aspect scare you - many of our successful Sales Agents had no prior sales experience. In fact, our top AEP Sales Agent two years in a row had no sales background before joining SelectQuote.
What We Offer:
- Unbiased comparison shopping - We represent over 25 A-rated carriers that allow agents the flexibility of unbiased comparison shopping to ensure we match customers with the products that meet their needs. We offer Medicare supplements, Medicare Advantage plans, and an assortment of ancillary products, including dental and vision.
- All leads are provided – No cold calling or prospecting
- High earning potential – 1st-year average annual income is $70k. Top agents make well over $200k annually.
- Ramping compensation includes competitive base pay ($18 an hour) combined with training bonuses and commissions. Our ramping compensation is extremely aggressive.
- Growth opportunities – We offer leadership development training, and we promote from within for those employees seeking career advancement between all three divisions, regardless of tenure.
- No prior Medicare sales experience required – We provide highly compensated formal sales and insurance training to prepare you for success in this role.
- Benefits – Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, voluntary short-term disability, company-paid long term disability, company-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) + company match and 100% vesting after 4 years, discretionary profit sharing, employee stock purchase program (espp), paid time off, floating holidays, paid maternity leave, paid parental bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, jury duty pay, work from home stipend, and other paid leaves vary based on work location.
What You Need to be Successful:
- Coachability & willingness to learn - You'll go through an extensive training program to prep you about Medicare, sales, and SelectQuote, so you need to be willing to absorb this information and put it to use once you're on the phone, as well as be open to constructive criticism about how to improve your process.
- Competitive personality & internal motivation - You need to have the drive to overcome customer objections and compete with yourself and other agents to succeed and hit new goals.
- Time efficiency & technology skills - Be efficient with your and your customer's time. Learn when to move on from a call and when to continue the discussion. Be able to multitask and manipulate multiple screens, including our software system, quote engine, and carrier applications, while conversing with the customer.
- Self-directed – Top remote agents are comfortable working independently and communicating using virtual communication tools.
- Positivity - It's important to be positive in this role and not let your previous call affect your current or future calls. The next call can be the one that gets you a sale!
- Flexibility - You need to be able to commit to high-volume hours during peak season. Our agents make nearly ⅓ of their income during a 7-week period, and we need all hands on deck dedicated during this time.
Training, Experience, & Necessities:
- High school diploma or the equivalent is required, Bachelor's degree preferred
- Life & Health resident insurance license - If you're not already licensed, you must become licensed by a given deadline.
- Ability to complete AHIP and additional onboarding requirements by a given deadline
- Hardwired high-speed internet connection with a minimum download speed of 20mbps and upload speed of 20mbps
- To be considered for a remote opportunity –
- Live in one of our remote states: AL, AZ, AR, CA, CO, DE, FL, GA, ID, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY
- Live 60+ miles away from one of our physical office sites (Overland Park, KS, Centennial, CO, Des Moines, IA)