To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Des Moines, IA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
FT Security Guard
Securitas USA • Des Moines, IA
Posted 25 days ago
Unarmed Security Officer - FULL TIME AVAILABLE
Customer Service Experience and Professionalism Required
Military, Law Enforcement, Security experience is preferred.
Sharp, Professional and Highly Motivated candidates are encouraged to apply.
Under direct supervision, the Security Officer position patrols assigned areas to ensure protection of clients, visitors, property and equipment. Responsibilities include:
- Watches for irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contacts emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel as required.
- Remains alert for the presence of unauthorized persons and/or security code violators; approaches suspicious person and/or notifies police as appropriate; may confront and detain violators, as required, until police arrive.
- Patrols assigned area on foot or in motor vehicle, as assigned, to ensure personal, building, and equipment security
- Examines doors, windows, and gates to ensure security; uses client keys to open and close buildings; monitors closed buildings for unauthorized persons and/or suspicious activities.
- Prepares routine, standardized reports.
- Provides escorts as necessary
- Informs and warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles.
- Performs periodic checks of emergency and safety equipment
Starting Pay: $10.50/hr
Location: Near Jordan Creek Mall
Currently recruiting for the following shifts:
Thursday- Sunday 3p-11p
Saturday- Wednesday 3p-11p
Saturday & Sunday 1a-3p (Part-time)
Monday- Friday 5a-9a (Part-time)
*Security experience required*
- paid vacation time
- Extensive training programs
- Dedicated Branch Management staff to support you!
- Career growth opportunities!
- COMPANY PAID UNIFORMS!
Minimum Hiring Standards:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED. If not, must be willing to complete the GED program within six months.
- Valid Driver's License- required for some sites/locations
- Must have 1 year of security experience