To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- North Riverside, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Retail Security Officer -
SOS Security • North Riverside, IL
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
SOS Security is now hiring Full Time Security Officers in North Riverside, IL
SOS Security is a leading provider of security personnel and related services which help a broad range of corporate, government and high profile clientele to protect their people, assets and reputations. In an industry without universally accepted standards, we are recognized for our quality and we treat our clients as partners. We understand the threats and vulnerabilities facing our clients and design customized, cost effective risk mitigation programs accordingly. We reinvest a significant portion of our profits back into all levels of our organization, so we can create a passionate team dedicated to our overall success.
SOS Security is looking for dedicated unarmed security officers to fill open positions in the retail industry. We have weekend openings in Chicago suburbs.
- Must have an excellent appearance and exceptional attitude (pride in your uniform and job is essential).
- Must be customer-service oriented, organized, responsible and professional.
- Must be willing to “go the extra mile” in welcoming and assisting customer per client instruction.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have an excellent attendance and job performance record.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be a motivated, self-starter with the willingness and ability to function with limited supervision.
- Must be able to multi-task in a service oriented environment.
- Must be flexible with scheduling and have the ability to hold over to the next shift and work extra hours as needed.
- Retail security experience is preferred.
General Job Responsibilities:
- Interacting with client staff, and customers when necessary, in a friendly, but professional manner.
- Providing outstanding customer service to all visitors and client representatives while adhering to client policies.
- Ability to identify and report all suspicious activity to client management, and or emergency services per client policy
- Ability to proactively deter and detect property theft or damage to client property.
- Ability to write clear, concise and thorough reports, including daily activity and incident.
- Ability to utilize critical thinking and exercise good judgement in hightened situations.
- Ability to stand/sit/walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work exterior posts in inclement weather.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations and follow client procedures to properly handle the situation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group.
Now the fourth largest security personnel company in the U.S., SOS Security’s growth is driven by our ongoing dedication to meet our clients’ evolving security requirements.
SOS Security is Headquartered in Parsippany, New Jersey, with regional and branch offices throughout the United States; SOS Security has become the benchmark for quality and professionalism in the field of security since our founding in 1969. We offer a broad range of services, including: Armed and Unarmed Security; Management & Consulting; Investigations; and Executive Protection.
Secure your future today by joining the SOS Security team Experienced security professionals looking to apply their knowledge in a rewarding team environment truly find a home at SOS. You will become an integral part of the relationship between our firm and our clients.