TITLE:Driver – CDL Class A
PLANT: All Divisions
DEPARTMENT: Supply Chain
REPORTS TO: Logistics Manager
FLSA STATUS: Hourly/Non-exempt
Support Gibbs Die Castings strategic Initiatives thru; Customer Satisfaction, On time delivery, Reduction of inventory levels, Reduction of premium freight occurrences, Level scheduling, and Cost reduction activities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following list includes the type and scope of work that needs to be done as a part of this job. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Gibbs Die Casting Corporation provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current Team Members to discuss potential accommodations with the Human Resources Department.
- Safely operates tractor-trailer equipment or straight trucks as assigned.
- Perform daily safety inspections on equipment.
- Hook/Un-hook trailer to/from a tractor and/or trailer.
- Load and Unload freight as required.
- Travel within the surrounding tristate area as needed.
- Fill in for General Warehouse Team Members as required which includes following responsibilities;
- Moves product by hand, hand truck, or forklift equipment to maintain flow of material.
- Process product to customer specifications (band, stretch wrap, pallet verification (export), container type, routing tag verification, weight count, labels, etc.
- Accuracy helps maintain level scheduling and ensures on time deliveries while minimizing inventory costs and premium transportation.
- Maintains inventory accuracy by performing accurate physical inventories as scheduled.
- Maintains a general awareness of warehouse and other factors affecting shipping product on time.
- Communicates pertinent information (Parts on Hold, Inventory Discrepancies, Damaged or Deteriorated Material, Maintenance issues, Safety concerns, etc.) to Supervisor.
- Pull and process material from warehouse to achieve on time delivery, carrier window times, etc.
- Participates in problem solving activities as applicable.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment per 7S procedures (warehouse and returnable containers on yard).
- Promotes safety through proper equipment usage and monitoring/check-sheets (Fork Trucks, Scales, RF devices, dock plates, tire chocks, etc.).
- Enter data for purchased items into the ERP system (CMS 400).
- Able to work weekends and overtime as required.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance, in accordance with scheduled work hours, and overtime (OT) as assigned.
- Meets all physical and environmental requirements.
- Follows all prescribed safety regulations including the proper use of all required personal protective equipment.
- Follows all Environmental Policy and Quality Policy guidelines.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition according to established Gibbs 7-S Guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education, knowledge, skills and abilities:
Education:High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Certifications: Commercial Driver’s License – Class A. Must be willing to register with FMCSA Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse, and to sign a consent form for an annual limited query to be submitted by Gibbs. Hazardous Material Endorsement (Hazmat) preferred but not required. Able to obtain a Gibbs issued Powered Industrial Equipment license.
Experience: One to three months related experience and/or training.
Communication: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Math: Ability to add, subtract multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Computer Skills:Basic skill in use of windows based applications, computer scales, RF devices, AS400 based programs such as CMS400, and Internet Browsers
Other: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram format. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Work in adverse weather conditions. Must be willing and able to complete all required classes assigned through training matrix.
Travel: __X__10% or less ____11%-50% ____51% or more