This position is responsible for operating the companies forklifts while staging ingredients and packaging for each production run. This individual will also be responsible for inventory control using an RF Scanner, while loading and unloading trucks entering and leaving the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- • Receive and store ingredients, finished goods, packaging and other items as requested.
- • Pre-stage ingredients and packing material for line operators.
- • Pick, stage and load outbound trucks.
- • Maintain ingredients and material in a First In First Out basis (FIFO).
- • Ensures effective safety procedures, tools and record keeping are managed through site leadership.
- • Adheres to company GMP’s (good manufacturing practices), safety procedures and all other quality processes.
- • Wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when required.
- • Utilize Barcode Device/Scanner as needed
- • Maintains Sanitation and Food Safety standards’
- • Ability to work in cold environments such as freezer and cooler.
- • All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma or GED required.
Experience: Two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Manufacturing environment experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
Candidate must possess a strong working knowledge of various types of Forklifts. Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing practices is beneficial. Outstanding verbal, written, multi-tasking and presentation skills. Bilingual in Spanish is beneficial. Experience with RF Scanners is beneficial. Experience with Oracle is beneficial.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Operator will work in a Manufacturing environment. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Complying With Procedures