ECS is seeking a Principle Systems Solutions Engineer (Secret Cleared) to work in our Ft. Meade, MD office.
Please Note: This position is contingent upon contract award.
ECS Federal is seeking Principal Systems Solutions Engineers to provide support to the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) on-site at Ft. Meade. Responsibilities potentially include:
- Senior consultant to top level management. Viewed as the expert in discipline or related area of expertise, exhibiting an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness. Typically serves as the prime spokesperson to the customer.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: hardware/software, concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Performs duties such as site surveys, system evaluation, system analysis, architecture, and infrastructure assessment.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Applies and/or develops advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories, and concepts.
- Often acts independently to resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of operational programs.
- Plans R&D programs and recommends technological application programs to accomplish long-range objectives.
- DoD Active Secret clearance
- Proven experience developing and implementing IT system architecture plans
- Extensive experience in system and network creation and development
- Solid understanding of information processing fundamentals and best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience conducting technology, trends, standards and products research
- Solid track record in prioritizing and executing tasks when under extreme pressure
- Proven experience identifying, analyzing and resolving system problems
- Familiarity and expertise in a variety of DOD IT systems/programs
- Experience working at the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA)
- Working knowledge of and/or familiarity with the DISA Gateway Computer Network Defense (CND) mission and its critical components (Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS), Filter List Manager (FLM), Web Content Filtering (WCF), Enterprise E-mail Security Gateway (EEMSG), and Gateway Lab systems.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.