To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Stamford, CT 06902
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Tax Senior Associate – Private Client Services
RSM US LLP • Stamford, CT
Posted 1 month ago
The firm is looking for a Tax Senior to join our expanding tax practice in Private Client Services. This role provides an opportunity to join a high-performing tax practice. As a Tax senior, you will use your knowledge of individual taxation to provide compliance and consulting services to multi-generational wealthy families and their private business or investment entities, including personal, charitable and trust taxation and estate/gift taxation. Private businesses and investments are often owned in flow through enterprises such as partnerships and S corporations. You will also help lead and manage our growth, seize new business opportunities, supervise staff and work closely with the Directors and Partners.
We provide an exceptional opportunity to develop professionally through exposure to strategic tax planning and compliance, structure consultations with respect to family entities or private business entities, and all related Private Client Services (personal taxation, charitable taxation, trust taxation, estate & gift taxation and financial planning for multi-generational families). With the firm, you'll have the opportunity to develop and pursue creative approaches to resolve client issues.
Position responsibilities include:
- Working with the tax team to prepare and review tax returns
- Providing timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations
- Recognizing and informing senior management of opportunities to increase level and types of services to clients
- Ensuring professional development through ongoing education and obtaining additional certifications as appropriate
- Handling routine client tax questions, and works with clients to collect necessary information for tax return completion and compliance
- Staying informed about Firm capabilities other than tax compliance area, and promoting these activities to clients when appropriate
- Completing research and special projects as needed
- Minimum of 2+ years of recent experience in Public Accounting with an emphasis in taxation (i.e.: Tax Accountant)
- Experience with S Corporations and Partnerships and/or trust and gift tax
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field would be desirable but not required
- Understanding of tax code and technical aspects of tax preparation and compliance
- Ability to work closely with clients to answer questions or to collect necessary information for tax service requirements
- CPA license is preferred
- Experience within the Oil & Gas or Financial Services industry would be a plus
- Strong technical skills in accounting and tax preparation, review experience a plus
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, as well as good computer skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience with a national, regional or local accounting firm is a plus
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.