Posting Number S00583 Position Title Social Media and Communications Assistant Employment Status Student Work-Study Hourly Wage
Employee Category Student Department School of Hospitality Location School of Hospitality (Division) Position Summary
The School of Hospitality is seeking a student employee to be a part-time Social Media Assistant. This employee will assist the Communications Specialist and other faculty and staff to help reach short and long term department marketing objectives. This position will provide the opportunity for a student to strengthen their social media skills, learn different digital programs, assist in brand development, get hands on experience creating content for social media, and assist in managing multiple social media accounts. This position will be able to influence, enhance, and be featured on School of Hospitality social media channels. #LI-DNI
* Create photo and video content with a smart phone or School of Hospitality's cameras
* Produce captions for social media posts and other copy as needed
* Edit short form videos for social media (Reels, TikToks, etc.) using Adobe Software, Splice, in-app, or a combination of these.
* Assist in analyzing social media metrics for various accounts
* Develop graphics for posters or other print media using Canva or equivalent program
* Various other projects as needed
* Current MSU Denver student, enrolled in 6 credit hours.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work independently
* Basic knowledge of social media platforms
* Comfortable using a smart phone to film videos or take photos for use on social media
* Familiarity with campus procedures, departments and locations
* Experience managing organizational social media platforms
* Experience using Adobe Creative Suite or similar program
* Comfortable being in videos for use on social media platforms
Posting date 02/10/2022 Closing date Closing Instructions Open Until Filled Work Hours
Varies between 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasionally, the student(s) may be asked to assist with evening events, ending around 9 p.m.
MSU Denver offers temporary, non-benefit eligible employees sick leave. The sick leave is accrued at a rate of 1 hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed a maximum of 48 hours in a calendar year.
Special Instructions to Applicants
The health and safety of students, faculty, staff, and our prospective teammates are our highest priority.
MSU Denver is requiring all employees to be fully immunized with an approved Covid-19 vaccination. As an institution, we are required to have proof of vaccination or a request for an exemption on file for all employees. Additionally, it is optional to wear a mask at all institutions on campus.
* Resume or Curriculum Vitae
* Cover Letter/Letter of Application
* Class Schedule
* Proof of Work-Study Award
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Occupational Safety And Health