The Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (PSR) is responsible for the management of a sales territory comprised of practicing physicians, hospitals, managed care and other health-related organizations/personnel/customers. This responsibility requires the development of a comprehensive business plan to achieve the sales potential of the territory. The Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (PSR) makes sales calls on targeted healthcare professionals to influence customers and increase product sales by effectively communicating the most current information pertaining to product features, benefits, and approved indications in a manner which will ensure the appropriate use of these products. Accomplishments of these goals must comply with the terms and conditions outlined in the Company Policy and Procedure Manual.
• Establish and develop strategically sound business plans and tactical strategies within the territory to achieve individual, territory and company goals for sales, market share, doctor calls, appropriate sample distribution, etc.
• Manage daily sales call activity to optimize time and maximize the achievement of sales and market share objectives.
• Formulate individual sales call plans designed to influence customers and increase product sales.
• Recognize changes and emerging trends in the marketplace, develop and implement alternate plans to achieve territory and company objectives.
• Identify leads if applicable.
• Manage promotional budget.
• Recognize and develop thought leaders in support of product
• Listen and respond appropriately to customer needs and questions, thereby ensuring acceptance of, or agreement with a "call plan" objective.
• Maintain the required technical expertise including competitive product knowledge.
• Ensure clear, concise and accurate communication of product information using proper medical terminology.
• Make daily decisions based on logic and factual information after weighing alternatives and their consequences.
• Represent client at National and/or local conventions if applicable.
• Field work-with the client personnel, AMPLITY Home Office management and your District Manager.
• Effectively and timely communicate with District Manager and other members of the AMPLITY/Client Team.
• Demonstrate persistence to accomplish objectives despite disappointments and/or rejection of original efforts.
• Create and maintain a positive impression with customers.
• Project a professional business image as demonstrated by neat physical appearance, and appropriate manner of speech.
• Fully comply with terms and conditions prescribed in the Sample Administration Agreements and PDMA Guidelines.
• Maintain all company-provided equipment in good operating condition.
• Overnight attendance at sales training meetings and client meetings (frequency varies by client)
• **Perform special projects and assignments as directed by the District Sales Manager.
• Have an automobile. Maintain valid driver's license.
• BS/BA Degree Required
• 1 + years of successful Pharmaceutical Sales Experience required
• Results-oriented with a track record of sales success
• Demonstrated success in clinical selling skills
• Demonstrated effective organizational and communication skills
• Self-starter with demonstrated initiative and ability to Lead
• Demonstrated judgment and decision-making capability
• Ability to learn, understand and communicate complex information
• Demonstrated technical aptitude and computer skills are essential
• A valid driver's license and safe driving record
• Selling/ Persuasive/ Presentation Skills
• Good focused listening skills
• Ability to complete expense management process
• Displays a high-level of initiative, effort and commitment to ensure the completion of assignments and projects in a timely manner.
• Identifies critical activities and tasks and adjusts priorities to meet organizational goals and objectives. Agility in multitasking
• Ability to work independently and make decisions
• Bias toward action and decisiveness
• Reads situations quickly. Anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks
• Does not become defensive or irritated when roadblocks occur
• Ability to handle stress
• Steps up to conflicts and sees them as opportunities
• Results driven. Steadfastly pushes self for results
Principle Working Relationships/ Contacts:
• Reports directly to the District Sales Manager.
• Works closely with other representatives in the district, and representatives of the client company.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled