A Senior Network Engineer job in Tacoma, WA is available at Milgard Windows and Doors. You must have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science. CCNA and CCNP Certifications preferred. You will be responsible for architectural provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of the organization's LAN, WAN, and VoIP software, servers, and interfaces. This position is accountable for significantly contributing to the overall technical architecture, stability, resiliency, and general health-related to network engineering. The salary for this role is dependent on experience. Milgard Windows & Doors is the leading manufacturer of windows and doors in the Western United States with operations in Washington, California, and Oregon.
Senior Network Engineer job responsibilities include:
- Responsible for architectural provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of the organization's LAN, WAN, and VoIP software, servers, and interfaces.
- Accountable for significantly contributing to the overall technical architecture, stability, resiliency, and general health-related to network engineering and is a top-level technical contributor with advanced knowledge and experience in network and related hardware/software.
- Participation, planning, and management of technical implementations of various sizes and scales.
- Act as an organizational interface with vendors and provides internal analysis and support.
- Manage the performance of multiple hardware and software platform interfaces.
- Provide direction and assist in problem-solving with local and remote IT staff who support the network environment.
- Ensure effective and efficient operation of the network and related infrastructure to support business demands to include the oversite of system-wide network capacity planning.
- Responsible for the development and enforcement of corporate security standards.
- Responsible for customer service management related to the network team, meeting with vendors and establishing and managing processes and procedures that follow industry standards such as ITIL, Six-Sigma, LEAN, etc.
- You should possess a minimum of seven years of experience providing configuration and troubleshooting support with enterprise firewalls, switches, and routers.
- Strong understanding and experience with MPLS, VPLS, MLA VPN’s, and Traffic Engineering along with ITIL Service Operation concepts are also critical success factors.
- Knowledge of Nexus, Cisco unified communication manager, VOIP, Cisco Phone Systems, Cisco Firewalls, SolarWinds Orion, and Cisco ISE are preferred.
- Solid ability to gather information and obtain an understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence is imperative.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field is desired.
- CCNA or CCNP Certifications preferred.
Milgard is growing with a track record of strong financial performance, which creates opportunities for team members. A great opportunity to learn our business and show what you can do to build a great team and organization. We have a robust total reward offering including:
• Vacation and Sick pay
• Medical/Dental/Vision – Milgard picks up the majority cost of these important benefits!
• 401k Savings Plan
• Tuition assistance – continue your education; we will help!
• Career growth opportunities – take on more responsibility and grow!
If you are interested in Senior Network Engineer job in Tacoma, WA please apply now. To learn more about Milgard’s products, services, and culture visit our website at www.milgard.com/careers. We have built or success in our foundational philosophy of Respect, Service, and Excellence. Milgard Windows & Doors is a great place to grow your career as we continue to build an even greater organization!
Installations (Computer Systems)
Identity Services Engine
Wide Area Networks
Local Area Networks