Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Senior Electrical Engineer provides extensive expertise to a variety of complex electrical projects. Applies expertise in both electrical and mechanical engineering in various aspects of the development of components and control systems. Responsible for the electrical engineering aspects of development and ensures designs meet the product requirements.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Provides significant Electrical Engineering expertise to complex assignments throughout the project life cycle
- Analyzes customer/system requirements, derives hardware requirements and translates them into electrical design, while performing design verification testing
- Acts as a technical expert to ensure designs meet product requirements and comply with regulations
- Designs and improves circuits to meet functional block diagrams, while using best practices
- Performs value analysis during the product design phase, while optimizing product development costs
- Acts as a resource for colleagues and able to explain difficult or sensitive information to build consensus
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education : A Bachelor degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
Years Experience : 5-10 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated expertise with complex Electrical Engineering solutions
- Ability to improve products or services by applying professional and business knowledge
- Able to solve complex problems; makes decisions based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to drive tasks to completion
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and database management tools
This position requires the use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or URL blocked - click to apply.
Creo Elements/Pro (Computer Aided Design Software)