To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fort Wayne, IN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Manufacturing General Supervisor
Superior Essex • Fort Wayne, IN
Posted 9 days ago
Manufacturing, Energy - Utilities - Gas - Electric
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Essential Functions/Duties: Proactively drives business objectives related to safety, quality, morale, and efficiency to ensure continuous improvement of production and development of direct reports. Responsible for managing the performance of the Manufacturing Supervisors working in multiple facilities on all shifts with focus on team building, leadership development and their ability to drive results through others.
• Act as key driver in determining root cause analysis of accidents as well as reducing lost time accidents in all departments.
• Ensure proper training of direct reports and hourly staff.
• Conduct defined line audits to ensure proper equipment operating conditions and capabilities within standards.
• Review and monitor the performance of each facility.
• Analyze production issues and develop, recommend and implement continuous improvement strategies to address complex production issues.
• Ensure production plans are adhered to.
• Monitor metric results and address gaps as needed.
• Effectively communicate production, performance management, and other needs between the two facilities leadership.
• Assess, identify and implement training needs of staff, operators and team leads, and participate in development and execution of training programs when required.
• Key driver of continuous improvement projects.
• Ability to develop, plan and execute action plans.
• Support the leadership team in setting expectations and priorities through KPI's and hold employees accountable for delivering expected results.
• Identify competency gaps in development opportunities of direct reports while creating a high performing team dynamic.
• Enforce safety rules, regulations and procedures; issue disciplinary action as required.
• Manage/resolve employee issues/disputes and effectively manage labor relations.
• Strong computer literacy in MS Office and integrated systems required.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills required.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills required
• Strong conflict management skills required.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities/projects required.
• Flexibility to work any shift, as needed, to cover open supervisor shifts required.
BS Degree in Management or related field preferred or 3-5 years related experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job ID: 5000297651106
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.