Job Title: Associate, Mechanical Engineering
Job Code: MEP1
Job Location: Plano, Texas
The Mechanical Engineer is an entry-level position on the mechanical engineering team, to conduct a broad range of mechanical tasks including product design, analysis, manufacturing, and testing. This role is responsible for mechanical design tasks such as technology research, specification generation, interface definition, component selection, component 3D CAD modeling, data collection, and product documentation.
The Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division is a part of L3Harris' Agile Development Group and specializes in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV), advanced radar systems, next-generation weapon systems, and other RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience.
- Design and documentation of component parts
- Schedule, cost, and technical responsibility at the component level
- Prototype and Test component parts and assemblies
- Perform test and evaluation of component parts and systems
- Participate in peer reviews, PDRs, CDRs, and other required design reviews
- Participate in interdisciplinary design teams and reviews
- Learn and follow company processes for product development, configuration management, purchasing, etc.
- Perform trade studies to determine optimal designs
- Conceptualize new designs to solve mechanical demands
- Ability to obtain and maintain DoD security clearances as required
- Ability to obtain and maintain any additional clearances as required
- Physical Requirements: ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
- Up to 10% travel may be required
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- U.S. citizen
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 3D CAD modeling experience using Solidworks and/or CREO
- Experience with ANSI Y14.5 dimensioning and tolerancing
- Working knowledge of common manufacturing processes
- Experience with engineering documentation/ Drawings IAW ANSI Y14.100
- Experience using Microsoft Office products
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field and/or equivalent experience desired
- Experience packaging and cooling electronics
- Familiarity with electronics cooling techniques
- Excellent people skills to include collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
- Structural Engineering
- Engineer In Training
- Civil Engineering
- Engineering Design Process