Job ID: 213760
Tilcon Connecticut Inc., a CRH company, has played a vital role in building infrastructure around our state, serving the market from 23 locations throughout Connecticut. As a leading supplier of quality crushed stone, hot mix asphalt, and ready mix concrete, Tilcon Connecticut has supported the construction of superior roads, buildings and bridges. The most respected name in the construction industry, from the quarry to the road, Tilcon Connecticut does it all!
Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then Tilcon Connecticut Inc. and CRH is the company for you! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
Tilcon Connecticut has an opening for an experienced Construction Accountant in our New Britain office. This person will support the field operations for our Construction/Paving/Milling operations. The selected candidate will be required to work in a team environment with other co-workers, and management. Our core values are safety, quality and integrity in everything we do. All Tilcon Connecticut employees are expected to partner with associates and management of Tilcon Connecticut Inc. to coordinate, support, and actively promote our safety processes. The Construction Accountant will report directly to the Construction Manager and will comply with mandatory safety requirements and other functions of the team. Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Maintain and review of daily, monthly and yearly of cost and revenue for all construction projects
- Weekly updates of work backlog volume and revenues
- Review and update CTDOT and DAS prequalification’s as needed
- Review and update company licensing requirements
- Assist with both internal and external audits
- Coordinate and assist project managers with Town, State and private contracts.
- Assist Project Managers with billing reviews
- Log in material usage on a daily basis
Individuals must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations, using some combination of skills and abilities.
- Some college required along with 3 to 5 years’ experience supporting administrative duties.
- Accounting/job cost experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to utilize resources and take initiative.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to multi-task and triage as needed without getting overwhelmed.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, strong interpersonal skills and ability to diplomatically handle challenging situations.
- Ability to speak effectively to customers or employees of organization.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of Viewpoint Software a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is required to sit, walk and stand for periods of time.
- The employee is required to use a computer for extended periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust to focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Tilcon Connecticut Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complex Problem Solving