At Empire Today, our Business to Business Sales & Operations team handles the sales and installation of commercial flooring products to businesses ranging from small offices, property managers, education / government, large business chains, hospitality, healthcare, and restoration.
The Empire Today for Business Account Manager(AM) ) contacts potential customers through both inbound leads and aggressive self-generation to develop flooring sales opportunities in business settings such as (but not limited to) residential and commercial property management, building owners, hotels, restaurants, or office buildings. The AM works with customers to determine the correct flooring products and applications for specific projects. The AM continually prospects for viable new opportunities while developing a key awareness of what is happening within the market’s geographic area. This position reports to the Area Market Manager and has an annual sales target of $1M.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Consistently demonstrates leadership traits consistent with the Empire Way
- Takes proactive action to drive increased sales performance in order to achieve commercial flooring sales objectives.
- Contacts and cultivates relationships with local representatives of National Accounts in various industries to drive flooring sales.
- Possesses commercial flooring product knowledge in order to be able to sell the best product to the customer and answer their questions.
- Conducts research through avenues such as the web, periodicals, and networking to determine prospective clients
- Attends networking events to cultivate and develop relationships.
- Works with potential customers to layout, design, & coordinate flooring selections
- Maximizes existing Empire relationships locally. Ensures 100% of sales activity is recorded in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system (Salesforce.com)
- Utilizes Salesforce.com, RFMS, Adobe software per Empire Today corporate requirements
- Up to 80 % travel to various locations, including markets or customers.
- Provides regular & relevant reporting to local, regional and national sales management on field activities
- Assists in the development of the commercial focused 1099 sales associates in the designated market area.
- Other duties as requested or assigned.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- HS Diploma/GED, Bachelor’s degree in Sales/Marketing or general business is preferred
- 3-5 years experience in a related sales background with focus on commercial flooring sales preferred
- Knowledge of various flooring products such as carpeting, hardwood, laminate, etc.
- Excellent customer service and sales skills
- Strong ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with various levels of management
- Computer skills including MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Flexibility in a rapidly changing work environment
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter as well as a work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and delegate
- Ability to adapt quickly and create interim solutions until permanent tool/process are in place
- Strong commitment to quality service
- Highly motivated with a sense of urgency
Physical Abilities Required
- Ability to travel a minimum of 80% of the time on an overnight basis
- The ability to physically and mentally perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation
- This position is an outside sales position with 20% of the time spent in an office/cubicle setting. The noise level ranges from moderate to high with travel to customer locations.
Employees are eligible for numerous benefits including:
- Quick enrollment into our benefit plans. Eligibility is first of the month following just two weeks of employment.
- A premium 401K Investment Plan, with the company matching your amount invested dollar for dollar up to 4% with no vesting. Find another Company that can beat that!
- Medical Insurance with several plan options and a Health Savings Account to meet you and your family’s health needs.
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Dental Insurance – Twice a year visits at no cost.
- Vision Insurance with materials coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical & Dependent Care
- Wellness Program – A best in class program offering substantial awards payable right on your paycheck
- Basic Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short Term Disability Coverage
- Long Term Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays including Floating Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO) that grows with years of service
- Empire Perks – An employee discount purchasing program offering you great savings on the things you want.
The company conducts a background check and drug screen for all new hires.
About EMPIRE TODAY®
Empire Today has been a leading provider of installed home improvements for 60 years. Empire offers the largest in-stock selection of flooring in the United States. Convenience, quality, and selection make Empire stand out. With Empire Today, homeowners and business customers can get quality Carpet, Hardwood, Laminate, Tile, Vinyl Flooring, and Window Treatments from top brands they know and trust. And because Empire warehouses thousands of products, customers can get the right product, professionally installed when they need it, as soon as the next day.
Empire was founded in 1959 and provides service to more than 70 metropolitan areas in the United States. With more than three million satisfied customers, Empire Today is dedicated to its mission of Making Beautiful New Floors Easy.
Empire Today is an equal opportunity employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.
By Submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Empire Today to transmit and store your information in the Empire Today group companies’ world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies. By pressing apply and providing your telephone number and email address, you authorize Empire Today to contact you by email or telephone at the wireless or landline phone number provided using automated phone technology and/or text messaging. Message and data charges may apply. You may revoke consent at any time.