Are you motivated to participate in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment? Do you want to become part of a company that invests in its employees? Are you seeking a position where you can use your skills while continuing to be challenged and learn? Then we encourage you to dive deeper into this opportunity.
We believe in career development and empowering our employees. Not only do we provide career coaches internally, but we offer many training opportunities to expand your knowledge base! We have highly competitive benefits with a variety HMO and PPO options. We have company 401k match along with an Employee Stock Purchase Program. We have tuition reimbursement, leadership development, and even start employees off with 16 days of paid time off plus holidays. We offer wellness courses and have highly engaged employee resource groups. Come join the Neo team and be part of our amazing World Class Culture!
NeoGenomics is looking for an Billing Preprocessing Specialist I in our Fort Myers, FL location who wants to continue to learn in order to allow our company to grow.
Now that you know what we're looking for in talent, let us tell you why you'd want to work at NeoGenomics:
As an employer, we promise to provide you with a purpose driven mission in which you have the opportunity to save lives by improving patient care through the notable work you perform. Together, we will become the world's leading cancer reference laboratory.
The Billing Preprocessing Specialist I enters patient demographics and insurances into a proprietary database using company specific software and company requisition completed by ordering customer. Verifies insurance eligibility and ensures accurate insurance assignment in accordance with company policy. Confirms diagnosis code shown on requisition have been entered on account. Ability to troubleshoot errors preventing from billing account.
- Enters data from both company requisition and supporting documents
- Verifies and enters insurance information provided on requisition or obtained via payer websites, etc.
- Ensures appropriate dates of service are utilized in accordance to CMS Laboratory Date of Service Policy
- Identify required missing billing information and assign appropriate attention level
- Maintains data entry requirements by following written procedures
- Maintains productivity set by department with 95% accuracy rating
- If certified professional coder will be requested to perform coding on ICD-10 and CPT code procedures
- Maintains accuracy by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes
- Maintains customer confidence and protects data by following HIPAA compliant regulations
- If Certified Professional Coder, ability to read and decipher medical terminology to enter appropriate diagnosis
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- This job description is not intended to be all- inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Experience & Required Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Medical Billing Certificate preferred
- 1+ year of experience in Healthcare
- Minimum experience for this position should have at least 1 year of medical billing background and a proven track record entering demographics and insurances
- Capable of adapting to multiple applications of software
- Knowledge of reimbursement processes, billing, and accounts receivable
- Solid computer skills with emphasis on MS Office products
- Must be comfortable working in a close-knit, team environment where attitude and work ethics are a priority
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Accounts Receivable
- Certified Professional Coder
- Content Management