Maxim Crane Works, L.P.
About Maxim Crane:
Maxim Crane Works, L.P. is the largest crane rental company in the United States with over 60 locations nationwide. We are the only coast to coast crane rental company in the United States and employ a zero-accident safety culture.
Sales products for manufacturer or distributor to business and industrial establishments or individuals at sales office, store, showroom, or customer's place of business by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, and other sources.
• Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders.
• Visits job sites and potential job sites to perform measurements and terrain analysis for location of possible crane and to determine suitability for certain equipment and make recommendations on equipment use.
• Visit with customers and potential customers at their place of business.
• Entertain customers and potential customers.
• Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features.
• Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
• Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm's production and delivery schedules.
• Continually travels to existing job sites to evaluate status and determine if customer has additional needs or if the equipment in use is sufficient.
• Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Maxim is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of their race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information or veteran status, as those terms are defined under applicable laws, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Displaying (Exhibition)
- Discounts And Allowances
- Public Speaking