The O&M Technician I performs a variety of operation and maintenance functions at water production and related facilities. This is an entry-level position that performs basic operational duties under the direction of a certified operator, performs maintenance tasks, and performs janitorial and laborer duties. Days and hours of duty may vary as required to fill other O&M Technician shift schedules, or under unusual circumstances.
Preferred candidate will hold a CT Wastewater Operator license, however we are open to applicants with comparable experience and without Wastewater license. Required to pass CT Class I Wastewater Operator license within 18 months of hire date as a condition of employment Qualifications.
Schedule will be one of 7am-3:30pm, 3pm-11pm or 11pm-7amQualifications
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- The ability to perform tasks requiring standing and walking for extended periods of time
- The ability to climb stairs, squat, and work with hands extended above head and in front of body
- Must be able to lift up to and carry 50 pounds or more
- Requires working in outside and inside environments with noise and all temperatures and climatic conditions, and must be able to work under adverse weather conditions for extended periods of time
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license with a safe driving record in conjunction with policies and procedures
- Requires good reading, math, writing, scientific, and verbal communication skills; a mechanical aptitude; and the ability to read, interpret, and record data from meters, gauges, scales, panels, computer consoles, and other equipment
- Requires the ability to carry out verbal and written instructions; i.e., Standard Operating Procedures, work orders, other documents, etc.
- Requires being self directed to carry out tasks and assignments in a team or individual environment
- Must have the ability to establish effective working relationships with other employees and display respectful interactions with Management Team Personnel
- Must have basic computer skills including, but not limited to basic operations and manipulation of data on spreadsheets, etc.
- Must comply with Respiratory Protection and all other Safety Requirements
- If hired without a Wastewater license, employee will be required to pass CT Class I Wastewater Operator license within 18 months of hire date as a condition of employment.
Veolia North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.